Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:22 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times

Advertisements

I don't usually single out articles like this to post, but this one not only talks about this particular crime, but mentions the shocking # of crimes that have happened in this area, and are increasing! People really need to be aware of what is happening, especially if you have kids!

Bradenton.com | 07/31/2008 | Girl, 16: I was raped at Pride Park (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 08:08 AM

102 posts, read 460,925 times
I saw this on the news yesterday. Children raping children, I just don't understand the world anymore!

Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 AM

182 posts, read 1,001,518 times
Default The Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by basa9159 View Post
I saw this on the news yesterday. Children raping children, I just don't understand the world anymore!
This park where this happened is behind the area known in Bradenton as the Hood or Crack Town.
I have talked to Police Officers and Taxi drivers. Taxi drivers WON'T go in there but Police Officers have to and they don't like it.
It is very sad that this happened and I hope they find and convict this young man for the terrible crime he has committed and I pray that the young girl gets past this easily and can move on without the fear of walking through a neighborhood park.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:38 PM

Thumbs up Thursday Evening News

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
This park where this happened is behind the area known in Bradenton as the Hood or Crack Town.
I have talked to Police Officers and Taxi drivers. Taxi drivers WON'T go in there but Police Officers have to and they don't like it.
It is very sad that this happened and I hope they find and convict this young man for the terrible crime he has committed and I pray that the young girl gets past this easily and can move on without the fear of walking through a neighborhood park.

The young man was arrested today and has not withheld any information.
He was 16 years old and it was a random act, not necessarily someone he knew.
That's good news. He's now locked up and off the Streets!!

Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,730,526 times
This just goes to show that Bradenton is going down the drain. One section at a time.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:23 AM

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
This just goes to show that Bradenton is going down the drain. One section at a time.
One section at a time? This is the section I referred to as The Hood or Crack Town.
Just stay away from there, there are other parts of Bradenton.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:55 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,730,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
One section at a time? This is the section I referred to as The Hood or Crack Town.
Just stay away from there, there are other parts of Bradenton.
Yes, there are other parts of Bradenton, and yes Pride Park is in "The Hood or Crack Town", but Bradenton is getting to the point where this is happening practically everywhere in Bradenton!

Old 08-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Default Your Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Yes, there are other parts of Bradenton, and yes Pride Park is in "The Hood or Crack Town", but Bradenton is getting to the point where this is happening practically everywhere in Bradenton!
You have your opinion and I have mine. I'll keep taking my chances. As I have stated a gazillion times. I've been here 10 years and I've yet to see gangs or hear a gun shot etc.
Yes, it is happening but NOT in the section of Bradeton where I live.
Case is now closed due to the fact that I will agree to disagree and I don't care what you have to say about it any more!!

Old 07-13-2014, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,821 times
From my experience, there is police and lifeguard present through the middle of the day, when kids can enjoy time playing on playground, volleyball or cool off on the splash ground. My 3 children and I will travel the 10 min. Across town & have been meeting friends regularly and enjoying pride park during the heat of the day, through the splash ground season, for about 6 years now. I also inflated and delivered balloon arch for & attended the ground breaking ceremony at least 10 years ago and testify this place has grown into a surprisingly wonderful place for an afternoon picnic or family gathering and a sweet reprieve from hot Florida summer days. Really, the only reason I haven't posted something sooner is to keep this jewel of a place as my hidden treasure. There is a time for everything under the Sun. Peace and Love to my Bradenton Friends !!

Old 07-13-2014, 03:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,821 times
Default to shine a light on what's good about pride park

[quote=Theresa Coblentz;35633815]From my experience, there is police and lifeguard present through the middle of the day, when kids can enjoy time playing on playground, volleyball or cool off on the splash ground. My 3 children and I will travel the 10 min. Across town & have been meeting friends regularly and enjoying pride park during the heat of the day, through the splash ground season, for about 6 years now. I also inflated and delivered balloon arch for & attended the ground breaking ceremony at least 10 years ago and testify this place has grown into a surprisingly wonderful place for an afternoon picnic or family gathering and a sweet reprieve from hot Florida summer days. Really, the only reason I haven't posted something sooner is to keep this jewel of a place as my hidden treasure. There is a time for everything under the Sun. Peace and Love to my Bradenton Friends!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area