Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 01:34 PM

15 posts, read 63,135 times

Advertisements

I am a native Seattleite, lived in San Diego for 10 years, and loved the weather. I moved back to Seattle to care for my ageing parents, and that time is almost over. I now need a place to retire with good weather, but I am afraid that I will end up in the same situation on the W. coast of Florida as I am in in Seattle. That is that you are indoors for 6 mo. out of the year. Rain in Seattle, heat/humidity in Sarasota area, I do not know if i would be able to adjust to the humidity, not to mentioon the summer heat. San Diego is pretty much 72 degrees everyday with low humidity, and high real estate and taxes...where to go? Any ideas out here? Is it any more tolerable in the summer (heat/humidity) near the beach with the gulf breeze? Are some areas better than others? I appreciate any and all response. By the way, the photos of Venice Beach area put California Beaches to shame, beautiful!

Last edited by boodabehr; 03-29-2011 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 01:49 PM

15 posts, read 63,135 times
Default Sticky like Humidity?

I would like to retire on the west coast of Florida, it is beautiful. I am concerned about the summer heat and humidity. Are there places along the coast that are more tolerable than others? Is the humidity and heat any more tolerable along the beach areas? I know I will have to come and see ultimatly. I have only been to Florida during the winter months, which of course is wonderful. I guess I do not want to be stuck indoors 6 mo. out of the year. Ideas everyone? Thank-you in advance

Old 03-29-2011, 11:40 PM

360 posts, read 1,909,182 times
If you don't like Summer heat and humidity this isn't the place for you I don't think. But contrary to popular belief, not everyone stays indoors here for six months all Summer. I see tons of life and people out all over. Life does go on and people don't pass up a good day of fishing or at the beach or doing other warm weather activities just because it's hot. You plan around it when you're down here. Morning and late evening during Summer here are good times to be out and is about like anywhere else up north that time of year. I don't let the heat get to me, I just try living around it. I love the Summers here and the afternoon rains and sky. We're close to the Bahamas and Caribbean. To me California isn't as tropical feeling and there's no other place I'd rather be than right here.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:49 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodabehr View Post
I would like to retire on the west coast of Florida, it is beautiful. I am concerned about the summer heat and humidity. Are there places along the coast that are more tolerable than others? Is the humidity and heat any more tolerable along the beach areas? I know I will have to come and see ultimatly. I have only been to Florida during the winter months, which of course is wonderful. I guess I do not want to be stuck indoors 6 mo. out of the year. Ideas everyone? Thank-you in advance
I'd have to agree with Fringed. He said everything I would have said. I'd just like to add that if you want to get a "feel" for the Florida heat, come visit in mid August for a week or so. If you're OK with it in August then you should be good to go.

I just plan my day accordingly and try not to be out in the sun during the hottest part of the day. I was born and raised here so I would say it probably doesn't bother me as much as some.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:24 AM

151 posts, read 599,366 times

South Lido Beach 4/14/11

Old 04-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Default Birds on the Beach

South lido beach 4/14/11

Last edited by SRQ_Sioux; 04-21-2011 at 10:15 AM..

Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 AM

Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,843 times
Ahhhhh.......soooo pretty! (sighing) Thank you, from the Northeast! We NEEDED that FL fix! :-)

Old 04-30-2011, 12:45 PM

Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 PM

East of I-75 on Clark Road
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area