U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 11:43 PM

9,198 posts, read 13,788,972 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for these beautiful pictures of Venice! My husband and I have checked out Venice the last few times we were in Florida (looking for our next move), and each time we go there, we like it more and more. Last time we were there we checked out the library, which was very nice (in addition to the usual beach and shops that we always go to). It really seems like the perfect, little town. We have traveled all over Florida looking for the right spot, and Venice comes up again and again. We are still 5 years off, but plan to continue visiting during that time.

Thanks for providing more beautiful shots for me to look at while killing time at home. (I tried to rep you but apparently I have to spread the love around.) The first time we visited we bought a little book (in the train museum, I think) about the history of Venice, and it had lots of information about John Nolen and the design. If you haven't seen it, it's worth picking up. It was only a few bucks, if I remember correctly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 12:24 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,411,569 times
Pedal kayak sailing on the Intercoastal Waterway near the South Venice Beach ferry today.

Old 05-15-2020, 09:14 AM

4,616 posts, read 3,920,945 times
Jean Ji-looks like fun!

Michgc-good to hear about that. Hopefully when Venice is reopened I will be able to get down there, visit the train museum or historical museum and purchase it! Nolen's legacy within Venice and elsewhere is pretty interesting in general.

Heading down to Anna Maria Island tomorrow to do some walking-early, before crowds arrive of course. Hoping also to do a walk around the core of Sarasota and post some more architectural/landmark shots : )

Old 05-16-2020, 04:03 AM

11,931 posts, read 3,676,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
Jean Ji-looks like fun!

Michgc-good to hear about that. Hopefully when Venice is reopened I will be able to get down there, visit the train museum or historical museum and purchase it! Nolen's legacy within Venice and elsewhere is pretty interesting in general.

Heading down to Anna Maria Island tomorrow to do some walking-early, before crowds arrive of course. Hoping also to do a walk around the core of Sarasota and post some more architectural/landmark shots : )
I've always thought the Venice train station would make an excellent circus concept bar-restaurant. Its grossly underutilized in its current state. If someone could keep the structure 100% intact, but modernize the interior, they could have something culturally luring. There's quite a bit of land surrounding it too.

I think its a Gold mine waiting to happen.

Old 05-17-2020, 12:21 PM

LOL-I was talking about the book-that said if I had to means to purchase that property I would certainly consider it too. It helps that as it stands it is sort of a hub status spot for the Legacy Trail. I think a cafe/bar would be very appealing there and draw regularly from that crowd and perhaps also draw more people to use the trail-a symbiotic relationship, I suppose.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:37 PM

Downtown Sarasota Update: 5-27

Old 05-27-2020, 08:45 PM

5/27, Part 2:

And.. that's all! (For Now)

Keep calm, and Mask On!

Old 05-31-2020, 01:08 PM

9,198 posts, read 13,788,972 times
Love your newest photos! They're gorgeous! I couldn't rep. you again, but thanks for sharing.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Love your newest photos! They're gorgeous! I couldn't rep. you again, but thanks for sharing.
No problem! Thank you for the compliment, and glad you enjoyed!!

Old 03-18-2021, 07:14 PM

4 posts, read 789 times
I'm new here and only saw one picture in this thread so far. Is there any advice you can give me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area