U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:43 AM

960 posts, read 1,573,309 times

Advertisements

I wonder if there are any updates regarding the implementation of the public access to the MidFlorida Regional (MFR) MLS system?

Someone had mentioned that there was going to be a public access portion (active August) in an earlier thread.

The Florida Realtors Association website has 200 fewer listings then it did a week and a half ago for Venice. Unless houses are being scooped up in record numbers, I am assuming that this is becoming an obsolete website for the public also.

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 12:25 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,930,565 times
86 homes/condos have sold in Venice in the last 30 days. I do that they were going to try to go through and take out duplicate listings. When the different boards combined it caused a lot of duplicate listings in the MLS. This might be what you are seeing with the rapid decrease of homes.

It is my understanding that Sarasota just signed on a few days ago, so I'm guessing they have there hands full with that transition. It's been nearly impossible to get though to MFRMLS since they took us on.

I just sent an email to the Board President. I'll let you know when/if I get a response back. I do remember them saying it would be in August sometime though.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:28 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,691,609 times
As far as I know there is no replacement for charlotteareamls.com and veniceareamls yet. MFR is busy in the conversion. The Sarasota MLS is transitioning now. I don't know what their priorities are regarding supplying public access.

You will get the same info from www.planetrealtor.com the Florida Association of Realtors website. MFR uploads to FAR daily so there is about a 24 hour delay.

Mod deleted

Last edited by sunrico90; 08-08-2008 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Reported advertising

Old 08-09-2008, 10:45 AM

Hey Carbondated,

Here's the answer I got:

The Mid Florida board of directors will be getting a look at the beta site for the consumer web site the end of next week. A lot of testing on it is already underway. I am hopeful that it will roll out by the end of the month or at least in early September.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:05 PM

6,103 posts, read 14,427,937 times
Hey Carbondated,

Then you can look for houses in North Port!
(Just teasing)

I know you really have been anxious to get the new MLs listings, are you looking for a house? - Just wondering. Hope all is well, and forgiven. . ..

Old 08-09-2008, 12:40 PM

960 posts, read 1,573,309 times
SoFLGal:
"Hey Carbondated,
Here's the answer I got:
The Mid Florida board of directors will be getting a look at the beta site for the consumer web site the end of next week. A lot of testing on it is already underway. I am hopeful that it will roll out by the end of the month or at least in early September. Thanks SoFLGal and everyone for the information."

Thanks SoFLGal !!!!!!
Very good news. I was kind of concerned that they were not actually going to have a public access site. Hopefully, MFRMLS will have at least some of the information that were on the old local sites.

Big House:
"Hey Carbondated,
(Just teasing)
I know you really have been anxious to get the new MLs listings, are you looking for a house? - Just wondering. Hope all is well, and forgiven. . .. "

/Hugs to Big House. Everything is all good! LOL, we even looked at the gated communities there in North Port.

Me and the hubby are looking and ready to buy. The quandary we find ourselves in, is knowing exactly when the bottom has been reached. Even new developments are still dropping prices and adding incentives. Though we plan for our next home to be a long term home, we still don't want to buy at an inflated value. And we find ourselves to be very picky as to our wants. LOL, neither of us wants to compromise.
I know our new house is out there somewhere....

Old 08-09-2008, 02:14 PM

6,103 posts, read 14,427,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
SoFLGal:
"Hey Carbondated,
Here's the answer I got:
The Mid Florida board of directors will be getting a look at the beta site for the consumer web site the end of next week. A lot of testing on it is already underway. I am hopeful that it will roll out by the end of the month or at least in early September. Thanks SoFLGal and everyone for the information."

Thanks SoFLGal !!!!!!
Very good news. I was kind of concerned that they were not actually going to have a public access site. Hopefully, MFRMLS will have at least some of the information that were on the old local sites.

Big House:
"Hey Carbondated,
(Just teasing)
I know you really have been anxious to get the new MLs listings, are you looking for a house? - Just wondering. Hope all is well, and forgiven. . .. "

/Hugs to Big House. Everything is all good! LOL, we even looked at the gated communities there in North Port.

Me and the hubby are looking and ready to buy. The quandary we find ourselves in, is knowing exactly when the bottom has been reached. Even new developments are still dropping prices and adding incentives. Though we plan for our next home to be a long term home, we still don't want to buy at an inflated value. And we find ourselves to be very picky as to our wants. LOL, neither of us wants to compromise.
I know our new house is out there somewhere....
/Hugs back to you, I was afraid you hit the ignore button on me after our last soirée.

Where are you living now - in Florida? There are new lending rules going down, that are going to make getting financing more and more difficult for people. We are ready to find a house as well. I think that with the recent events things are not going to bottom out for a while - the problem is when you know you hit bottom, you will see prices rising rapidly, and selection dwindling rapidly. You'll be looking back saying darn the bottom was 6 months ago, and I wish that one house hadn't sold.

Have you been house hunting lately? Or, are you biding your time?

There are so many places out there to find exactly what you like is difficult. One tends to want the best of each thing they see. It is like standing in front of 100 HD big screen TVs. Each one is better than the other, all have fantastic picture (I know - I just bought one for my daughter, and another for our kitchen). You know what, when you get it home and plug it in - the picture is great, and you can't tell if it is better or worse than the one you looked at right next to it in the store. They are all good.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:00 PM

6,864 posts, read 11,351,240 times
Does anyone know if any of us home hunters or local RE associates where asked what kind of info we'd like to see on the new public access site? If it doesn't include the extra cost monthly items like - in a CDD? flood zone? monthly maint. fee amount, what it includes? or things like - in a 55 plus community, room sizes, garage 1 car-2 car, it will be as useless as all the other sites I've been viewing.
One site I visited recently is using maps/aerial views of pre-Charlie Aug 04 Because there has been so many new subdivisions/streets developed in the last 4 years in Venice, Port Charlotte, the program being used can't find any of them.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:29 PM

I did forward all the suggestions from the previous thread to the president of MFRMLS. We'll see how much of that gets implemented.

I think they should give you all the fields that we see and then they are available if you want to use them.

I'd be happy to pass along some suggestions/ a list. Since it looks like they are still in the testing mode.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:48 PM

6,864 posts, read 11,351,240 times
Default public access?

We've read messages from the mid florida board that stated that they like and wanted an informed customer. But trying to find a site in Sarasota that gives information has been a task.
Here is the lastest thumb in the eye for people looking to purchase a home in Sarasota.
I noticed that listings for Sarasota on realtor.com no longer showed addresses, for about a week, about the same time they joined mid florida. I sent realtor.com a message to let them know that there was a problem in that zip codes in Sarasota were not showing addresses.
Here is the realtor.com response. - the Sarasota Board of Realtors have decided to no longer show addresses of real estate for sale.
Are these people for real? RE offices that use map/aerial locators are now useless. As I have previously written during the charlotteareamls mess, they keep putting less and less info on a listing and now no addresses. They want you to call. They have caller ID. They want to get your e-mail address. When you call, you give up your 'do not call' rights. When they have your e-mail address, you will receive spam.
Mid-Fl to have a public access site with full disclosure? I don't think so!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area