Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:22 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I like bigger cities with more amenities, my vote would be Tampa.
Mine also hands down. Sarasota is mostly an old people richer city with the young generations sponging off them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Hello.

Tampa- I find Tampa to be an older, run-down city. The people are totally unfriendly, and the traffic is horridness! The crime in Tampa is terrible, every day you watch the news, you hear multiple things about shootings, robberies, crime in general. While I'm sure there are nice neighborhoods in Tampa, they even have problems. EXAMPLE: In 2007, Mayor Pam Ioreo's house was robbed, and they believe that it was random, not targeted. I would say NO to Tampa. Too big, too crime-ridden, too run-down.

Sarasota- I find Sarasota to be a nice city. It has culture, arts, entertainment, and it's just a generally nice city. Sarasota is more friendly then Tampa, it's not a run-down or as crime-ridden as Tampa. Sarasota has a variety of ages, whereas I find Tampa/St. Pete Metro to have a much younger and business age group. Sarasota also has the Asolo, Van Wazel, and GWIZ for entertainment and Sarasota has PLENTY of beaches, whereas Tampa has zero beaches. Sarasota also has a great downtown district and the Farmer's Market on Main Street every Saturday. I find a lot of friendly people in Sarasota, the roads are generally clean and not a whole lot of traffic. I say YES to Sarasota. Much nicer than Tampa, less crime-ridden than Tampa, and just generally friendlier and nicer than Tampa.
N Tamiami Trail is easily = in crime to many bad parts of Tampa.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Tampa is a larger city and will appeal most to people in the 30's and younger, singles, young professionals or those who want lots of nightlife, etc. Nicest area to live is South Tampa.

Sarasota is a MUCH smaller city, just a fraction of the Tampa population, and is enjoyed more by the 30's and older set, retirees, those who like a laid back lifestyle, etc. Sarasota has a lot of great things going for it, and personally for ME, I love it more, but there again those who want that "city" vibe will prefer Tampa.

IMO Sarasota is no more laid back than Tampa. I think drivers are just as rude and Sarasota can even get more traffic than Tampa or St Pete. No lie.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinehartvideoproductions View Post
Tampa is too big, crazy, and crime ridden. Sarasota would be perfect.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
IMO Sarasota is no more laid back than Tampa. I think drivers are just as rude and Sarasota can even get more traffic than Tampa or St Pete. No lie.
More traffic in Sarasota than Tampa or St. pete???? You gotta be crazy! That is NOT true, even in the slightest! that is one of the big reasons I live HERE and not Tampa!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:25 AM

913 posts, read 2,361,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Sarasota can even get more traffic than Tampa or St Pete. No lie.
I spent time in Clearwater and Sarasota. Without a doubt the Tampa/Clearwater/St Pete area is more congested than Sarasota. Drive I-4 or I-275 through Tampa at 5PM on a Friday and see how that compares to driving on the trail through Sarasota. Even getting to the beach is a chore in Clearwater. I can't tell you how many times we gave up and just went back home. Miles and miles of traffic trying to get to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area