Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:31 PM

7 posts, read 30,958 times

Advertisements

Would like any and all info on Bradenton. Where to live crime, etc,etc, etc,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 04:51 PM

523 posts, read 2,829,323 times
tbo com has crimetracker info, type in manatee county and see crimes committed. pretty interesting. Bradenton has some crime area like all cities, near town is bad, palmetto area are bad. I love Anna Maria Island near by.
closer to beach is most expensive. Lots of people live in North Port, Port Charlotte areas are more reasonable. Good luck

Old 01-28-2007, 04:58 PM

251 posts, read 1,065,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun west View Post
The more to the east you live, the better off you'll be. University Parkway and I-75 is a really nice area to be in.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:07 PM

7 posts, read 30,958 times
Default Bradenton, Florida

So, all in all, would you say it's a nice place to live and work?

Old 01-29-2007, 07:02 AM

523 posts, read 2,829,323 times
Bradenton is great area to live if you can afford it.
Be sure to check out Gamble Plantation. or gamble Mansion. It is in nearby ellenton, old sugar plantation of Major Robt Gamble. I took my Mom she really enjoyed it. Everything like it was in those days.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 AM

251 posts, read 1,065,913 times
Quote:
It's decent and affordable. There seems to be more criminal activity recently in the downtown area, but if you locate further east, or southeast towards the Lakewood Ranch or University Park areas you might be better off.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Gamble Plantation is a good tour. My mom has been giving tours there for over a decade. In fact she was the president of the association that takes care of the plantation.

Of course they bought their house in 1989 when prices were not into the insane range.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:30 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,135 times
Quote:
I've lived in Bradenton since 1991....it's not a bad place to live....thank god for the Arts/Movie scene in Sarasota....

Bradenton pretty much closes up at dark. The crime/cocaine ration is extremely high. No pun intended on that one...just kinda happened ....

As far as work...again, if you run your own business, law or medicine, fine...our real estate is sky high...I used to sell real estate in the 90's at the beach & I could kick myself now....

I don't want to sound negative because I have enjoyed living here, but the job scene is pretty barren....

If you want to know more of something pm me

Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM

59 posts, read 88,053 times
Quote:
Bradenton is a 30/70 city. 30% of Bradenton is good. 70% is medium-to-bad. Bradenton has a "Crime Box." It's 34th Street West o 15th Street East, or something like that. Point is...STAY AWAY FROM THE CRIME BOX.

I would not move to Bradenton if I were you. I have lived here for 10 years. Choose another town.

Cities to check out:

1. Leesburg (Small)
2. Cape Coral (Big, but 3rd Safest City with pop. over 100,000) Nice City
3. Some cities around Orlando aren't bad, but CHOOSE WISELY AROUND THE ORLANDO AREA!!

Please TRUST ME, Stay AWAY from the TAMPA AND SAINT PETERSBURG AREA!!. Too Much Crime in Tampa and St. Pete!!
Too Much.

Last edited by Floridian34210; 02-06-2007 at 05:54 PM..

Old 03-25-2007, 07:03 AM

8 posts, read 25,652 times
Default Bradenton

I could definitely use some help. I am seriously considering relocating to Bradenton (condo) and will be going there later in the year for vacation. Before I decide to move to Bradenton I need to know...Would air conditioning bills be too high for my modest income?...Is there a lot of rain?...I don't care much for snakes. Are there a lot of snakes?...I am single/divorced (40's). Would chances be good that I would find a girlfriend?...Is the hurricane threat a large one?...Should I get hurricane/flood insurance?...If so, is it as expensive as I have read? Someone posted that at sunset the town is virtually dead. Is this true? Thank you for any advice that you might have to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area