Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:38 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,318 times

Advertisements

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jims-...79217118761268

I can't help myself. This place needs its own thread. Or maybe it's just that I am still caught in the throes of the amazing candied bacon, egg and cheddar on ciabatta that I just ate. OK, maybe the almond croissant is still with me too.

I also managed to buy some sticky toffee pudding for later, and of course a small loaf of asiago bread for light toasting later.

It's easy to support local businesses when they're this awesome, seriously. Everyone should go there, and go often.

And they're very nice folks too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:29 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Looks great. I will check it out...thanks for posting!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Not only is it an awesome bakery but the baker is pretty darn hot!!

Old 05-25-2012, 08:58 PM

157 posts, read 389,223 times
What did you think of the sticky toffee pudding? amazing? drove past today and was thinking about it, got all the way across the south bridge and had to turn back

bread, lemon bar, chicken salad sandwich and of course

sticky toffee pudding, as my 2 year old would say.....yum yum!

Old 05-26-2012, 03:56 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siestachica View Post
What did you think of the sticky toffee pudding? amazing? drove past today and was thinking about it, got all the way across the south bridge and had to turn back

bread, lemon bar, chicken salad sandwich and of course

sticky toffee pudding, as my 2 year old would say.....yum yum!
The sticky toffee pudding was absolutely magnificent. I mean, wow.

The best thing about Jim's is that you get the impression he makes a true effort on everything he does, as every single item is refined. For example, I don't think you can make a better almond croissant. I have no idea what makes it so good, but it is just great.

And those lemon bars looked great. I will definitely try one next time.

And again, stop in there for breakfast and get an egg and candied bacon sandwich on ciabatta. Yikes.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:09 AM

157 posts, read 389,223 times
Totally agree with about Jim, his true passion shines through in his goodies!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:50 PM

113 posts, read 223,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jims-...79217118761268

I can't help myself. This place needs its own thread. Or maybe it's just that I am still caught in the throes of the amazing candied bacon, egg and cheddar on ciabatta that I just ate. OK, maybe the almond croissant is still with me too.

I also managed to buy some sticky toffee pudding for later, and of course a small loaf of asiago bread for light toasting later.

It's easy to support local businesses when they're this awesome, seriously. Everyone should go there, and go often.

And they're very nice folks too.
Oh my goodness, the almond croissant is AMAZING. It's so dangerous living two blocks away from there. I have to make myself forget that it's there, or I'd be stuffing my face with delicious pastries every day.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelavie View Post
Oh my goodness, the almond croissant is AMAZING. It's so dangerous living two blocks away from there. I have to make myself forget that it's there, or I'd be stuffing my face with delicious pastries every day.
Don't I know it, I'm about half a block away. Sigh, it's killing me not to go in there when I pass it, I even make it a point not to look that way anymore. But, I keep reading about this dang croissant, so might have to break down and go in and make a small purchase or two or three. Then no more for a few weeks. I mean a couple of weeks, for sure a week.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,057 times
thanks for the props, folks!, just fyi: Small Batch Bakery will be running a LivingSocial deal soon; look for it the second week of August. If you're not a LivingSocial subscriber, consider signing up.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:54 PM

222 posts, read 854,510 times
The challah bread is awesome too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area