U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 PM

42 posts, read 91,417 times

Advertisements

I heard a rumor that Best Buy might be coming to North Port along with a Bealls being built across from the Home Depot. Anyone know if there's any truth to these rumors? I think Best Buy would be great since you need to go 40 plus miles in either direction to get to one. Really we have everything else close by, but this would be a big asset to the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 06:01 AM

7 posts, read 36,441 times
I would love to see a Best Buy @ NP...I've spent $1000's there in Maine.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:52 PM

774 posts, read 2,010,091 times
Well, the land was cleared across from Home Depot for those stores and a Sports Authority.

Like everything else, I would guess things are on "hold" given the state of the "nation".

I read that most retailers are waiting for two positive quarters in a row before thinking about building.

That could be a while.

Mikey

Old 11-24-2008, 11:47 AM

42 posts, read 91,417 times
Well hopefully with Circuit City going under we will get one..time will tell. I also heard people are lobbying for a Sweetbay across from Home Depot..which will make 4 grocery stores and a super Walmart in town, yet after Circuit City is gone there won't be any big box stores like Best Buy from Sarasota to Ft Myers.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:30 PM

331 posts, read 1,444,277 times
What North Port really needs now is ALDI. Would be a blessing for the residents while very profitable for the company. ALDI is in process of infiltrating the state and has already set up shop in Tampa bay and Orlando areas.
But a Sweetbay? What for? Same price as Publix, and the selection is rather limited. Sweetbays hardly attract anyone even in Sarasota where people got more money. How are they going to stay afloat in North Port?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:49 AM

40 posts, read 91,631 times
I was in Circuit City over in Murdock (Port Charlotte) a few days ago, and was told that store isn't going to close. Don't know if that is true.

The North Port Sun reported the Publix super market at Sumter and U.S. 41 will be moving up to the cleared land across from WalMart and Home Depot. Maybe Sweetbay will take over their old store, but there is now a problem for that strip center since the city closed off the entrance from Sumter and U.S. 41 when the street was widened.

We prefer Sweetbay. We like it better than Publix. We find the prices slightly lower on some items and things such as vegetables and fish and meat seem to be fresher. We often go to the Sweetbay store on 776 in Englewood. Quite a drive, but we like Sweetbay better.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:46 PM

3 posts, read 10,403 times
The construction across from that Home Depot has been stopped due to the economy. No word on when or if it'll launch back up again.

However it is said that instead of them building a best buy across from that Home Depot, Best buy will likely open in place where the circuit city was located since Circuit city closed down in January/february 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area