Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,843 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys and gals, me and my partner currently live in the West Midlands in England, but are seriously looking into moving to Florida in the next few years. I have carried out research into lots of different areas and quite like the look and sound of Venice.

The most important things for us are, the beaches, good weather, a safe surrounding and a decent amount of jobs, preferably in retail. I currently work for PVH in England and would be transfering over, so somewhere with stores close would be nice too.

Oh and one last thing I am big into football (Soccer) are there are teams local to the area?

Any help you can give us would be walmy received

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Looks like Venice might be a great option for you. It meets all of your criteria-except jobs. As you've probably heard the job market is very tough right now. Not just in Florida but everywhere in the US.

I grew up in SW Florida and love every minute of it. I wouldn't ever leave here!

Forgive me for my ignorance but I'm not sure I quite understand what PVH is. Is it the company that makes Calvin Klein, Izod, etc?

My middle daughter is very much into playing soccer and is on a local team here but it is only kids. I'll have to ask around and see if there is an adult league in the area. Here is a link to the Sarasota Youth Soccer and North Port Soccer leagues You could probably email them and ask if there is an adult league.

Here's something I wrote about the Venice area:
Venice Florida
Venice, Florida is located in Sarasota County on the Gulf of Mexico. It is aptly named and has numerous canals that meander through the city. South of Sarasota and north of Port Charlotte, Venice is a charming city with a perfectly casual atmosphere, beautiful beaches and many amenities. Venice, Florida was designed by the well-known city planner John Nolen in the 1920s and is known for its Italian architecture and landscaped open spaces. Its charming demeanor is further enhanced by the local art festivals and parades and the intimate nature of its neighborhoods. Venice Avenue is a broad boulevard lined with palms and boutiques, fine restaurants and sidewalk cafes.

Venice, Florida has a quaint downtown district, a yacht club, theater, a library, art center, hospitals, schools, restaurants, parks and the most beautiful beaches in Florida. It is close to I-75 and to local airports and features many recreational and picnic areas, swimming, boating and fishing, as well as the all-important Floridian sport of golf. Venice, Florida even has it own small airport, primarily for private planes.

The Waterford Golf Club is a favorite of regular golfers and appeals to golfers of all skill levels. It is listed among the top twenty golf courses in southwest Florida. With twenty-seven holes of deep green fairways, water and hazards, you will never be bored playing on these three 9 -hole courses.

Venice beaches are known world-wide for fossil collecting and sharks teeth, and you will often see tourists and residents alike, combing the white sand for treasure. With its Mediterranean style buildings, date palms and languid, deep blue waters Venice will take you back in time to a simpler lifestyle. Hang out at the fishing pier and sample some of the local fare and have a cocktail at the Tiki Bar of the famous Sharky’s Restaurant, or linger by the South Jetty and watch the sunset as the surf rolls in over Venice Beach. In Venice you can hang out on fourteen beaches, spend an evening at the Venice Little Theater and visit the Venice Arts Center.

The Venice, Florida area is comprised of five communities - Venice, Nokomis, South Venice, Osprey and Laurel. Many homes in the Venice area reflect the Mediterranean architecture of the city of Venice. Here you can find moderately priced homes, condominiums, and grand upscale estate homes. It is home to young families, singles, seniors and winter residents.

Surrounding Venice, Florida are the gated communities of Pelican Pointe Golf and Country Club, Calusa Lakes, Venetian Golf and River Club, Waterford Golf Club and Venice Golf and Country Club. Other neighborhoods include Bayshore Estates, Chestnut Creek, Eagle Point Club, Portofino, Myakka River Trail, Jacaranda West, Sawgrass and Stoneybrook of Venice.

South Venice Beach is just south of the city and has a community park, boat ramp and ferry service to a private beach. The community homeowner association is voluntary and the community owns 1,300 of deeded beach land and is not deed restricted. South Venice Beach is the largest neighborhood in Sarasota County with approximately 8,000 homes and home sites, nature trails, tennis, a clubhouse and a basketball court.

Venice Gardens is located within ten minutes of Venice beaches. The community has a voluntary homeowner association, a large sparkling pool and a community clubhouse. Some Venice Garden homes are located on the small lakes that dot the community. Many homes have private docks. This established community is a favorite of seniors and first-time buyers because of the amenities and the reasonable home prices.
Ventura Village is a gated community that features a large, lovely swimming pool and clubhouse, ponds, lighted walkways, wetland preserves and is only five minutes from the beach, marinas, shopping and dining. The community offers both paired villas and single-family homes.
Bay Street Villages is a new mixed-use condominium community with beautifully landscaped, well-maintained buildings, lake views, and landscaped walkways, all within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. This community is certified by the Florida Green Building Coalition and the U.S. Green Building Council.

In Venice, Florida and the surrounding communities, you can find any size home or condo, waterfront or golfing neighborhoods or small vacation homes.

VENICE
  • Bellagio on the Island of Venice -Gated
  • Bird Bay -Golf
  • Capri Isles -Golf
  • Cedar Ridge
  • Chestnut Creek
  • Eagle Pointe Club -Waterfront, Gated
  • Island of Venice-Waterfront
  • Jacaranda West Country Club -Golf
  • Lake Geraldine -Gated, Equestrian
  • Lakes of Jacaranda
  • Lake of the Woods
  • Myakka River Trails -Gated, Equestrian
  • Pelican Pointe Golf & Country Club -Golf, Gated
  • Pinebrook
  • Plantation Golf & Country Club -Golf
  • Sarasota National -Golf, Gated
  • Sawgrass
  • Stoneybrook of Venice
  • Southwood
  • Venetia -Gated
  • Venetian Falls -Gated
  • Venetian Golf & River Club -Golf, Gated
  • Venice East Golf Club -Golf
  • Venice Golf & Country Club -Golf, Gated
  • Ventura Village -Gated
  • Waterford Golf Club -Golf
  • Willow Springs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area