Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:05 AM

79 posts, read 214,103 times

Advertisements

My family and I would like to make Venice our home (husbands work transfer), we would like to rent a home there, before we buy, while we "clean up" our credit a bit.
We are looking for a 3 bedroom home, and can afford up to $2000.00 per month with nothing incl. If the home is something we really like, we would also be interested in a lease/buy option. Again, our credit needs repair, but our income is great(89,000-115,000 annually)
We are only interested in Venice, no surrounding areas. Any info or help is so greatly appreciated! Below are some basic facts:

We have 1 child in elementary school and 1 in middle
poor credit
annual salary of 89,000-115,000
solid 17 yrs. work history in same job field
husband in upper management, I am a teacher
great references
must be in Venice
have 3 bedrooms
at least 2000 sq.ft of space
can afford up to 2,000 per mo.
may be interested in a lease/buy option(owner financed)
Decent hard working people-no risk, just made some poor choices resulting in poor credit issues due to current economic circumstances

I hope this helps,I tried to be as straight forward with info as possible.
Thank you again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 09:37 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,917,270 times
I live on the Island and love it. If you can find what your looking for on the Island I think you'd be very happy. The elementary school and the high school are on the Island, middle school is just off on Center. Many of the rental properties are rented seasonally so your search will be a tough one.

There are two companies that handle most of the area rentals Home and Condo Rentals
and Horse and Chaise

Old 10-04-2008, 10:02 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,053,394 times
I would think that given the current market there may be some motivated sellers that would carry the mortgage in a buy-out type of deal. I don't know how much of that is done in Florida, but I've heard of it being done quite a bit.

I'm looking forward to checking Venice out soon. Don't get too upset, there are lots of people that have been caught up in circumstances that could not have been anticipated.

Good Luck!

Old 10-04-2008, 11:59 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,871,985 times
You might also want to try: Southwest Florida Gulf Coast Vacation Home Rentals and Property Management Venice/Englewood/Port Charlotte She has quite a few Venice rentals on her website.

There are currently four homes listed in Venice that have a lease option that are 2000 square feet or more.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:53 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,289,692 times
SoFlGal! UGH, help me.....I need a house too...help me, help me! I'm having no luck. I'm going to be homeless when I move there.

Did you ever see SNL back in the day when Chris Farley said he was living in a van down by the river? LOL Well, that keeps playing over and over in my head. LOL I am not having any luck finding what I want. I think I am going to focus on Lakewood Ranch. That way no matter where my hub gets a job, it will be kind of central. Oh well.

I just thought I would stop by and whine alittle LOL! Take care

Old 10-04-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
SoFlGal! UGH, help me.....I need a house too...help me, help me! I'm having no luck. I'm going to be homeless when I move there.

Did you ever see SNL back in the day when Chris Farley said he was living in a van down by the river? LOL Well, that keeps playing over and over in my head. LOL I am not having any luck finding what I want. I think I am going to focus on Lakewood Ranch. That way no matter where my hub gets a job, it will be kind of central. Oh well.

I just thought I would stop by and whine alittle LOL! Take care
Do da Do da Do da Do da Do da Do da DOOOOOOO (sugn to the beat of the Calvary charge. . . LOL I think you called the right person to help!

Where are you living now Jenny? I thought you already lived in the area?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 PM

Nooooo! I'm in Ohio! UGH I'm going to need counseling if I don't get out of here soon! LOL

We want to rent til the market stablizes and OMG I am having no luck. We are not able to get down there yet because my hub is waiting for the paperwork from Floirda to take his test. He is licensed here BUT the application process is horrible in Florida. He's been OK'd with the national board, and with Florida but they haven't sent the papers yet to take the test...UGH!!!! So it's kind of hard to commit to a place when we are still standed here in limbo.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:37 PM

79 posts, read 214,103 times
Default Heartfelt thanks

I would just like to thank those who have responded and a special thanks to those who are understanding. In todays economy, if you were unfortunate enough to make a few mistakes in judgement, well, let's just say it's not what it used to be and leave it at that. I will take a hard look at all of your recommendations and for those of you who are realtors, please keep me in mind.
Thanks

Old 10-04-2008, 03:48 PM

LMMEGNA~ I think most places today ask for first, last and a deposit. If you tell them up front, I think most people will understand and appreciate your honesty Hekc they'll have enough of a deposit as a guarantee for them, you know?

Can you post an ad and see if you get any bites? I bet you will. Heck today with the foreclosers as common as they are, I don't think owners can be as picky as they would like to be.

Just be honest and I bet you will find an owner who will be thrilled to have you as a renter

Good luck!

Old 10-04-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Nooooo! I'm in Ohio! UGH I'm going to need counseling if I don't get out of here soon! LOL

We want to rent til the market stablizes and OMG I am having no luck. We are not able to get down there yet because my hub is waiting for the paperwork from Floirda to take his test. He is licensed here BUT the application process is horrible in Florida. He's been OK'd with the national board, and with Florida but they haven't sent the papers yet to take the test...UGH!!!! So it's kind of hard to commit to a place when we are still standed here in limbo.
Yea, I hate the limbo thing too, but I'm kinda used to the high pressure / high stakes waiting game. It is typical and intense in my business. I've been pretty steady and patient with the process, understanding it for what it is - a process that is just going to take time, and it isn't my time table.

It seems like a lot of Ohio people are interested in SWFL. Are you planning on buying a place right away?

If so there are a lot of things to think about. You mentioned Lakewood Ranch. I've seen a lot of people mention that community, I'm going to have to read about it.

Are you guys going to plan a trip down soon? I went down a couple times, it helped me stay on point, and release some of the frustration. I wish the trips I took there were a little longer though! We're hoping to close in October and spend a week then. After that I may take some long weekends. I'm planning on bringing my Boat down around the first of December and then spend a lot more time in Jan,Feb,Mar . . . then who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area