Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,829,397 times

Advertisements

Hey d4g4m,

Just so you know I did give the president of the board and several other people in connection with making decisions on changes a direct link to this thread so they can monitor public opinion and make changes as they see fit.

So far I have found them to be pretty agreeable to change as long as it makes sense. Please understand the website is not going to be a perfect fit for everyone. It does seem to me that they are making an effort.

Actually, I'm finding the public website a bit easier to use than the Realtor side. No fair! I may throw in a few suggestion to improve our side as well. I'm glad you're pleased with the changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,008,861 times
A problem I'm having with the web site is that when I click 'print' on the listing, I get only the top portion with the main photo.
I get the same result when I click the IE7 print icon and also when I right click the mouse and pick 'print'
Print functions work fine with all other programs.
So I'm wondering if I have a software problem or are others trying to print a listing having the same problem of only getting the top portion/photo.

I also noticed that there is no link for 'virtualtour'

Last edited by d4g4m; 10-22-2008 at 12:07 PM..

Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 PM

Glad to see that a CDD field has been added. But there is a problem with where it was placed. A CDD is far from being a 'feature'. A CDD is a substantial fee that is added to property taxes every year. The CDD field should be a 'financial' entry. Also be aware, although a development may not technically be a CDD, many planned communities have what is called a master development fee. It is not collected on your taxes but is due every year. [In addition to the monthly maint fee]

Under financials - taxes
For people searching for a home and using the number shown to use for working out a budget, the amount is meaningless.
With amendment one, provisions of SOH portability, separate tax rates for county operations, schools, if you're a new Florida resident, a snowbird or buying from a snowbird, a first time buyer, plus the downward re-evaluation of property values by county property appraisers, any figure shown won't be anywhere near what the actual amount will be.

Last edited by d4g4m; 10-22-2008 at 10:31 PM..

Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 AM

I sent an inquiry to Marketlinx, developer of the myfloridahomesmls site to find out how to get the 'print' function to work properly. They were not aware of the problem. Returned e-mail states that it will take at least a week to fix the problem.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:25 PM

update - virtualtour has been added. [for agents that use the service] the use icon is next to the last photo.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:47 AM

67 posts, read 237,110 times
What am I doing wrong? I cannot get any listings from the site. Whatever parameters I insert, I get the same result...0 listings found. HELP !!!

Old 10-24-2008, 06:12 AM

d4g4m-Looks like they are adding things that they see would be beneficial to everyone. I would agree that a CDD fee is not a feature and should be moved to financial.

sprintrps-try broadening your search criteria-but not too broad. If you still don't get any results I would email Marketlinx

Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 AM

960 posts, read 1,675,753 times
A big thank you SoFLGal for all your help and information!

I am really pleased that the MFRMLS has put up a fully functional and informative public site. Kudos to them for considering that many buyers are using mls sites to do there preliminary searches.

I was able to look up the house that my husband spotted while driving around and get a good idea of what attracted him to it in the first place.

Thanks again!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
A big thank you SoFLGal for all your help and information!

I am really pleased that the MFRMLS has put up a fully functional and informative public site. Kudos to them for considering that many buyers are using mls sites to do there preliminary searches.

I was able to look up the house that my husband spotted while driving around and get a good idea of what attracted him to it in the first place.

Thanks again!
Cool! That's the way it's supposed to work! Glad you found the website helpful. Like I said before, it makes my/our job easier if you are more informed.

Hopefully the MFR sees that when they make some small changes- public appreciates it. I think they were getting a bit discouraged since the beginning of the thread was all/mostly negative. Glad to see everyone working together

If everyone is reasonable usually things turn out well

Old 10-24-2008, 08:37 AM

I just sent an email over to the Board and MFR president thanking them for the changes they have made thus far. Thanks for everyone's input on the website I think it really makes a huge difference!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area