U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:03 PM

656 posts, read 1,183,978 times

Advertisements

Just to be fair to the hard workers in Bradenton, city limits has seen crime dropping, BUT MANATEE County has it skyrocketing especially violent crime, mainly Palmetto and South County (Oneco) where Newtown's overflow crime has moved to.

Price wise, Manatee County is among the lowest in the Bay area. Sarasota, Pinellas, Hillsborough all much higher. Desoto and Hardluck Counties are growing quickly..... look into them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 08:01 AM

21 posts, read 101,318 times
Thanks for that information. I think we will stay away from Bradenton all together. I appreciate everyone's perspective.

AD

Old 02-21-2007, 08:15 PM

43 posts, read 195,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicus75 View Post
Thanks for that information. I think we will stay away from Bradenton all together. I appreciate everyone's perspective.

AD
I think that is a bit extreme. East bradenton, east of 75 between 64 and 70 is all brand new and really nice. Grey Hawk Landing, Lakewood Ranch, Mill Creek, etc... Also, good schools in that area.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:48 AM

9,718 posts, read 5,986,261 times
I would also say extreme comment. We researched (not on this forum) for a year before moving to this area (Lakewood Ranch). After living here 2 years and traveling all over the State of Florida this is the best area by far for us. I guess you get what you pay for.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:23 AM

656 posts, read 1,183,978 times
I know. I'm not sure if what I posted got misunderstood, but I will assume it did. The other whom posted about staying away from the area altogether is opinion and you may or may not agree. While CITY of Bradenton's crime is dropping, (except 19th streew to 26th street West), the County's has skyrocketed, BUT, like nearly anywhere else in the world the crime is mostly in a few areas like Downtown Bradenton, Samoset, Palmexico and Oneco. Far East (City and Unicorporated County) and NW (County) still offer some bargains.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 PM

59 posts, read 74,989 times
Thumbs down My Post Didn't Get Misunderstood!

My Post Didn't Get Misunderstood! STAY AWAY FROM BRADENTON!! Bad Luck might be in your future if you move there!

Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 AM

34 posts, read 125,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
AD,
I live in Bradenton but in Lakewood Ranch which borders Sarasota. We decided this area because the taxes are less in Manatee county than Sarasota. Our millage rate is 6.0894 (dollar per $1,000 of taxable value). Then of course added in is the schools (A rated schools), library, childrens service fund, fire dept. and other misc.
Because we are in a master planned community we also have CDD ($1,000) on our tax bill.
Our homeowners insurance was $1200.00 last year. This year it went up to $2200.00. The weird thing was only our insurance co (State Farm) raised their premiums. My neighbors did not receive any increase with their insurance companies. We are not in a flood zone so we don't need anything additional.
We will be putting our house up for sale next month and are moving back to the west coast for business reasons so I do wish you the best of luck with your move.
Bella,

If you don't mind, could you talk a little more about Lakewood Ranch? My wife and I are going down to Florida to look at homes and Lakewood Ranch is high on our list of places to build. We went down there about two years ago to do some discovery and found the community (we want Tampa - Bradenton) which we loved. We are now ready to make a move and LR never left our mind.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:24 AM

4,837 posts, read 13,066,997 times
Default Recent kidnapping at bus stop....

....surely doesn't improve manatee county's image. I'm sure you've all heard about it....and...

that was Parrish....a town that's considered TOTALLY removed & safe...

You can't even leave your 15 year old hear to wait for the school bus, it's just not safe.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 PM

9,718 posts, read 5,986,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d070033 View Post
Bella,

If you don't mind, could you talk a little more about Lakewood Ranch? My wife and I are going down to Florida to look at homes and Lakewood Ranch is high on our list of places to build. We went down there about two years ago to do some discovery and found the community (we want Tampa - Bradenton) which we loved. We are now ready to make a move and LR never left our mind.

Thanks.
Here is a link that might be helpful in your search for information on LWR http://www.lakewoodranch.com/
The area has grown in the last two years, but for the good. Main Street is now open and San Marcos plaza is due to open in a few months. We have a Paw Park (dog park), Adventure Park (for kids), walking trails that connect through all the neighborhoods and A rated schools all within walking distance.
There are also many clubs available to residents..........(one of the largest Mom's group in SW Fl.), travel, dining, sports, arts and many more.
If you need any more info. let me know. It is really a very nice place to live. Good Luck!
I'll PM you with an additional link.

Last edited by Bella52; 02-27-2007 at 12:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area