U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 AM

11 posts, read 26,305 times

Advertisements

Hello All.

I have lurked here for quite some time. Thanks to this forum, I finally moved from California to Sarasota. I love it here. If you all need anything from me please be sure to ask me. Beautiful place here. Why didn't I come here sooner?

I just wanted to return the favor by providing some resources/tips:

Sarasota Florida. Sarasota City Guide and Yellow Pages. Zip Codes 34231 - Sarasota Tips! Cool place!

Sarasota Florida: Event Web Sites Attractions in Sarasota, Venice, Bradenton - Events, good directory

Sarasota County Government - Government items when you first come here you will need this site.

The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota: A Luxury Hotel & Resort in Sarasota, Florida - RITZ CARLTON must go here! Excellent service!!!!

Why Go?

Powdery white beaches and turquoise water
Fishing, parasailing, and all the other things you can do on turquoise water
Old-fashioned hospitality and inexpensive accommodations

What To Skip

The red tide—when the Gulf of Mexico is rife with toxic algae, hit the pool instead.

Moderator cut: recommendation

Last edited by Keeper; 11-11-2008 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: so that the old bullies can back off.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 AM

20 posts, read 55,473 times
Talking Unexpensive???

Hi and welcome to Florida! Its funny that you write it is unexpensive here. My husband and I came 3 years ago from Germany to Florida. We really wanted to move to California- but it is so expensive over there! Not a house under 1 Mio except in really bad areas.

I am really wondering, why you (COMING FROM EXPENSIVE CALIFORNIA) write it is unexpensive here???

Old 11-12-2008, 07:23 AM

20 posts, read 55,473 times
Default erase my message

sorry, did not have my coffee yet and did not get it- you are of course right-

in Cal it is expensive compared to FL!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:01 PM

11 posts, read 26,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by korsis View Post
sorry, did not have my coffee yet and did not get it- you are of course right-

in Cal it is expensive compared to FL!!!

Good evening! I know how it is about coffee.. fyi Starbucks went down to .97 (Stock time-hint hint hint! )

California was growing olddd on me. I know people will have their negative experiences about here (too). But I lived there allll my life. It was time for a change. And this is more my speed. EXACTLY, if you want to live in a very good area in california you really need to shell out the bucks. I got tired of it. I really did. And most of my family is either in New York and Miami (transplants) so this was just the best move. I was scared ...but finally took the plunge.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:14 PM

74 posts, read 254,417 times
Hello All,

I am moving there in few weeks, and everyone is saying that FL is cheaper than MA, doing some home work I find it that, car insurance will be the same as here, rent is going to be the same as here (better apartment and amenities in FL) What do you think is cheaper than were you used to live?
We can wait to move! I am so glad that you like FL better than CA! Because at some point we want to move to CA!
Thank you!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:02 PM

166 posts, read 563,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloripaUSA View Post
Hello All,

I am moving there in few weeks, and everyone is saying that FL is cheaper than MA, doing some home work I find it that, car insurance will be the same as here, rent is going to be the same as here (better apartment and amenities in FL) What do you think is cheaper than were you used to live?
We can wait to move! I am so glad that you like FL better than CA! Because at some point we want to move to CA!
Thank you!
No state income tax is one big thing.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:56 AM

102 posts, read 287,593 times
Hello,
I live in Sarasota county now and need a blue collar job and cannot seem to find a full time, stable, good paying job($10-$15/hour). I have work experience doing a variety of jobs and have a perfectly clean backround and had a secret clearance while in the military. I don't have any college degrees, although I have military experience/training and was a certified Phlebotomist (which is expired now) with hardly any experience. I was offered $8.00/hour for this here awhile ago but I turned it down. I have children to help support and need some daycare. $8.07/hour is minumum wage currently where I come from in Washington state and the cost of living there is not much different(Department of Labor). When I was in Concord California temporarily I had a job with Dana's housekeeping making $11.50 - $15.00 per hour depending on if I use my own supplies or not. Raises where fast and guaranteed. By the time I left I was getting 75%. Help! I need a decent job now and don't know where to look anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area