Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:11 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Yes, Bradenton and Sarasota have almost 3 times the national average crime rate. I do believe most of it happens in certain sections of the city. When I lived in Sarasota, I lived downtown, and it was super-duper high crime - we were the victims of many. What most people don't realize is that there are a LOT, and I mean a LOT of undesirables and transients floating around these towns - I guess because they are resort towns, bums and crooks are drawn there.

I am sure these towns probably have their safe areas, but it's something to investigate before moving there.

The people you least expect to be on drugs in this town are whacked beyond belief....

(probably like a lot of cities)

Your basic thieves here are all funding their drug habits due to inability to hold a day job....even though drugs are basically cheap, the quality is low, hence the need for more....lol!

I don't know why it's Bradenton that gets "pin pointed" in this fashion (but I'll let you in on a secret....if you were dropped on Manatee Avenue, with blinders on & then told to remove them, you'd probably think you were in a northern town...all of our palms have been planted in some fashion or another) and....it's really a pretty "not happening" town.

Sarasota has so much more going on & for it....Bradenton is a "good old boy" town...

Charlie Wells just retired after 20 years...his replacement is definintely of the good old boy network...

Klu Klux Klan would defininitely be working underground somewhere here....

No one has idea what constitutes good food except Carabas, Bonefish & a handful of mom/pop places that are off the beaten track but with a bit of variety....

That's why your easterners flocked to Miami & Ft. Lauderdale & their latent metro areas over 20 years ago...the culture is so totally happening because of the demand for it.

Here, all we have are drug dealers demanding the latest 20" rims....

It is pretty freaking blah.....every restaurant has the same menue items....they get all their ingrediants from SYSCO...hence, the same taste/why switch restaurants?

I've lived here since '91....oh my god, i'm demented too...lease is up in June & i'm off to sarasota....downtown......where the zillionares are buying out the millionares and plowing down the crackhouses to put up their coke mansions....lol!

Old 04-07-2007, 06:12 AM

10 posts, read 47,683 times
Unless a place is notorious for brazen crime and sorry cops, don't allow fear to prevent u from taking a chance. The only safe place where nothing can ever happen to you is in the grave. Try think positive if the pros out weigh the cons.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,496 times
I'm planning on relocating to Bradenton from Long Island and we're looking in the Lakewood area. After reading some of comments regarding Bradenton - I'm concerned. We've visited that area and it appears to be relatively safe, peaceful and well kept. Am I missing something?

Old 04-08-2007, 03:34 PM

14 posts, read 65,665 times
MAN MURDERED AT
TOYS 'R US/DENNY'S PARKING LOT, BRADNTON

A headline from this morning's newspaper. Happy Easter!

Old 04-08-2007, 03:39 PM

Anywhere east of I-75 in Manatee County = Beautiful, suburban/rual, low crime, open space, etc. I'd say the same goes for the far northern area, also. Not all of Manatee is crime ridden or ugly/covered with grafitti. It's mostly confined to the city core of Bradenton and surrounding neighborhoods(Samoset, Oneco, Palmetto)/outskirts.

Yeah.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:43 PM

59 posts, read 88,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementeD View Post
Anywhere east of I-75 in Manatee County = Beautiful, suburban/rual, low crime, open space, etc. I'd say the same goes for the far northern area, also. Not all of Manatee is crime ridden or ugly/covered with grafitti. It's mostly confined to the city core of Bradenton and surrounding neighborhoods(Samoset, Oneco, Palmetto)/outskirts.

Yeah.
Yes, that is true. West of 1-75 is becoming a nightmare in hell!

Old 04-08-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementeD View Post
MAN MURDERED AT
TOYS 'R US/DENNY'S PARKING LOT, BRADNTON

A headline from this morning's newspaper. Happy Easter!
Right, Happy Easter. Oh, by the way, you son is dead! Awful!

Old 04-08-2007, 06:16 PM

There Are Just Some Stupid People Who Make It Sound Worse Than It Actually Is![/quote]

And There Are Just Some Stupid People Who Make It Sound Better Than It Actually Is!

Old 04-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Manatee has so many criminals, they are even over-flowing into other nearby areas and carrying out crimes.

"Bradenton Man Arrested For Sarasota Murder"

Yet another headline as of late. (Friday) LOL.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 PM

598 posts, read 2,268,922 times
Didn't 3 people get shot on the beach today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area