U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 05:22 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,852,101 times

Advertisements

a few mentions of bradenton and it's crime floating about on here, so i looked it up. of course bad things can and will happen everywhere, and according to citydata.com, there were only 3 murders in bradenton. 1 is too many, but 3 for a town of over 50k ppl isnt like it's as bad as someone on here is trying to point out.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-03-2007, 08:16 PM

16,297 posts, read 34,988,118 times
Just remember, a lot of crime is underreported and misreported - it was even in the news in Tampa the other day. I lived in Sarasota/Bradenton and the police there told me the same thing.

Anyway, reading some statistics is different from living there and experiencing it for yourself. Just sayin'.......

Old 03-03-2007, 08:30 PM

59 posts, read 77,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Just remember, a lot of crime is underreported and misreported - it was even in the news in Tampa the other day. I lived in Sarasota/Bradenton and the police there told me the same thing.

Anyway, reading some statistics is different from living there and experiencing it for yourself. Just sayin'.......
Agreed 100%. As I sayed in the post "Bradenton IS UNSAFE!", Bradenton's crime is AWFUL and the stats aren't always accurate. As gypsychic says, a lot of crime is underreported and misreported, and that is true. I lived there, I experienced it, and if you people want to say that I am "a negative poster", go right ahead, because I am posting fact, but Bradenton SUCKS! Crime is awful, and it's just a nasty place to be. Also, I find it hard to believe that there were only 3 murders??. That has to be false. No if's, and's or but's about it. IT'S FALSE!!

Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 AM

22 posts, read 154,997 times
Sorry Floridan34210 but it must be a good place to live because some people actually want to live there! European holiday companies are putting Bradenton in their brochures so it must be GREAT! And to the "Bradenton IS UNSAFE" post it is just like any typical US city. City-Data actually has the population wrong because if you go to homegain, the population is actually 180,000. It has 3 murders, for a city with 180,000 people, that is not too bad, 1 murder is bad but for a town this size... Of course all cities have gangs, Cape Coral has gangs! Graffiti happens in every town, it looks bad but that is not gonna kill you! That Hispanic scam, the wasn't just Bradenton, that was literally the whole of Florida, that just happened in Bradenton as well as about 10 other cities! Clay Moore getting kidnapped at a bus stop, that was not in Bradenton, the guy who did it was from Bradenton and that is one of the only stories like that I have heard! The Valentines Day murder, murder goes on in every town, on any day, that was Valentines Day, someone could get killed on any day of the year! So Bradenton is not a bad place to live, THERE ARE JUST SOME STUPID PEOPLE WHO MAKE IT SOUND WORSE THAN IT ACTUALLY IS!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:12 AM

523 posts, read 2,715,038 times
I love the Bradenton area, Like any area, there are low income areas to avoid, I avoid them on my way to the beach. But be real, unless you want to live in seedy area, the average person cannot buy down there. The taxes are twice what hillsborough is. My neice bought a house 340,000 in Dec 2005
her taxes are over 6000. she also pays ho assoc fees 175mo. and cdds of 120 amonth. I dont know what her Homeowners insurance is but she is 3rd yr school teacher and her husband a fiy cook. They live paycheck to paycheck.
They live near Ellenton Mall and they said there are area of Bradenton to avoid, but they love the area.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:39 AM

Default same goes for some parts of orlando

i live in orlando, which is probably going to be one of the most unsafe cities by the end of the yr when the report comes out. is it disappointing? yes. is it sad that any city in america is unsafe? yes. and there are many. but where i live, i wouldnt know anything about orlando to be unsafe, cause i dont see it. if you go to parramore or pine hills areas, you'll probably see why the murders from orlando are high. most of the crime in orlando is in the areas mentioned above, and it's mostly drug dealers killing other drug dealers, and bad ppl killing bad ppl. i live on the eastside, way east in fact, and i dont see any type of criminal activity, thankfully.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 AM

656 posts, read 1,219,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridan34210 View Post
Agreed 100%. As I sayed in the post "Bradenton IS UNSAFE!", Bradenton's crime is AWFUL and the stats aren't always accurate. As gypsychic says, a lot of crime is underreported and misreported, and that is true. I lived there, I experienced it, and if you people want to say that I am "a negative poster", go right ahead, because I am posting fact, but Bradenton SUCKS! Crime is awful, and it's just a nasty place to be. Also, I find it hard to believe that there were only 3 murders??. That has to be false. No if's, and's or but's about it. IT'S FALSE!!
That person obviously found the "stats" for BRADENTON (city) not the County, where 3 murders would be normal for a weekend gang war. Palmexico or Oneco probably had their 3 murders Jan 1 by the time the sun came up, not counting all the bullets they shot into the air which came down through neighbors' ceilings and killed kids. At first I thought it looked way off, but I'm sure it's city stats.....although that seems low too. I could believe 3 for the actual city, so far this year.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:39 PM

13,495 posts, read 35,579,873 times
If you believe that City Data has something incorrect in their detailed profile, please contact Yac or Administrator and let them know. Keep in mind though that the info is from the last census.
You can contact them the same way that you would PM anyone else.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:37 PM

59 posts, read 77,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1226 View Post
Leelee is correctly, Floridan34210, or whatever your name is. Bradenton is not a bad city. There are some bad parts of Bradenton, but then again, where is there a city in this United States where there aren't bad areas of that city? There might be gangs in Cape Coral, I don't know, I've never been there, I don't even know where it is. The point is... GREAT A FREAKIN GRIP!! Bradenton isn't as bad as you said it is. 3 murders with a pop. of 180,000 is like somebody tripping and breaking there ackle! It happens. Get Over It. Move On. Get a Life. Whatever!
Why don't you get a "FREAKIN" GRIP", MikeB1226. Bradenton is AWFUL, it sucks. What more do you want me to do. Cape Coral has gangs issues, but NOT ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE!!! You guys are getting mad at me because I speak truth. Why don't you all "GET A GRIP!" Face reality. Bradenton isn't a goody-good town anymore. Get used to it.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:17 PM

Default i dont know what you accomplished

by bashing bradenton. i mean, why bring it up? didnt you start the post? after looking up the crime stats, it shows bradenton is not a crime ridden area. i dont live there, so i cant watch the news there... but i have lived in fla for yrs, and have heard ppl mention bradenton before, and i never heard about a crime issue. and besides if the area has 180k + ppl living there, there are going to be crime problems. i'm just not sure that it's of the magnitude you mention. that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area