Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 AM

133 posts, read 588,536 times

Advertisements

We are planning a trip down there in April so we can explore the community, and we were wondering where the nicest hotels are. We don't necessarily want the Ritz-Carlton, but something in a safe area with easy access to the city. Thoughts?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 11:37 AM

385 posts, read 1,155,443 times
Hotel Indigo is a newer boutique hotel located downtown that is very nice, as well as the Hyatt Sarasota that has just been completely remodeled with water views.

There are a lot of hotels/inns near St Armands, but if you were not renting a car or taking mass transit, would be a very long walk to downtown. There a a lot of smaller motels/hotels/ on 41 from Ringling Museum up to downtown, but I personally would not stay at any of them.

You'll find the Ritz is of course the most expensive over there, while the Hyatt and Indigo are just a block or so away and much more affordable. Good Luck!

Old 01-19-2009, 02:23 PM

4 posts, read 10,170 times
I recommend Hotel Ranola which is located downtown right off of Main Street. They have private parking which is a plus if you will be driving.
My wife and I stayed there for a couple of nights back in August and it was great. The people who run the hotel are wonderful.

Hotel Ranola - A Boutique Hotel in Downtown Sarasota, Florida

Old 02-03-2009, 06:00 PM

9 posts, read 24,650 times
I strongly recommend the Hibiscus Inn by Siesta Key. My fiance and I went there for a romantic getaway weekend last year and are going back for Valentine's Day. The rooms are great (kitchen, living room, clean everything) and the prices are hard to beat for such a pretty hotel. We didn't use the pool and didn't get their complimentary breakfast (basic stuff like oatmeal and muffins), but we loved our stay. Another plus - it's close to everything (the beach, restaurants, the mall).

Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 PM

99 posts, read 389,703 times
We had our wedding and stayed a night at the lido beach resort. It was really nice. You can walk to st armands circle if you want.

Map of Sarasota | Location of Lido Beach Resort Sarasota Florida (http://www.lidobeachresort.com/location.htm - broken link)

Old 02-06-2009, 09:21 AM

4,893 posts, read 14,098,401 times
I'll be checking out the Hotel Indigo as I'm working the Back Room Short Film Festival tomorrow night....

Old 02-06-2009, 05:41 PM

385 posts, read 1,155,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I'll be checking out the Hotel Indigo as I'm working the Back Room Short Film Festival tomorrow night....
Neato, have a great time!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 AM

The Hotel Indigo is really sweet! I was there Saturday night for the 1st Back Room Short Film Festival. They have an inviting lobby and bar area! It's a couple blocks south of Main Street.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:53 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,036,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
The Hotel Indigo is really sweet! I was there Saturday night for the 1st Back Room Short Film Festival. They have an inviting lobby and bar area! It's a couple blocks south of Main Street.
Hey Lady!
You know where all the neat things are going on in Sarasota! That would be a cool thing to do! So what film caught your attention or found the most interesting? Was it in a movie theatre type setting? How many attended? Did you see any current stars - or someone we should be looking out for in the future? How was the popcorn? :-)

Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hey Lady!
You know where all the neat things are going on in Sarasota! That would be a cool thing to do! So what film caught your attention or found the most interesting? Was it in a movie theatre type setting? How many attended? Did you see any current stars - or someone we should be looking out for in the future? How was the popcorn? :-)
You can google "The Back Room Short Film Festival" (sarasota) and check out the website.

This was an evening of "shorts"...films that are between a minute and under 30 minutes...They had rented a conference room for 60 people and it actually went to standing room only.

There were two films that I liked, one was about the importance of making a difference which had to do with passing on a blue ribbon to someone you admire, explaining your admiration and asking them to do the same...and the other was a about a young boy and his relationship with a teacher who made a wonderful impression on his life.

The program had great flow and it was nice to get out in the community & meet more people who appreciate film and it's impact on everyone.

The plan is to have this festival eventually go around the country! It was very positive & full of life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area