Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM

4,613 posts, read 7,532,666 times

Advertisements

You may want to check the demographics of Palmer Ranch vs The Villages. You'll find they are very similar in many respects.

The city-data web site offers a great source for demographics on areas, which can be broken down by zip code. Palmer Ranch's zip code is 34238.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 AM

7 posts, read 20,860 times
Default Palmer ranch vs lakewood ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
You may want to check the demographics of Palmer Ranch vs The Villages. You'll find they are very similar in many respects.

The city-data web site offers a great source for demographics on areas, which can be broken down by zip code. Palmer Ranch's zip code is 34238.
Hi--Trying to send you another private e-mail...but, the site only allows one per day!
I'd LOVE more info from you re my search for a place in Sarasota--that might be at least 50/50?
I know that Tampa is more progressive--but, really LIKE Sarasota!

My personal e-mail addy is LynnFitzgerald2002@gmail.com if you are willing to share.....

Thanks,
Lynn

Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,987 times
In south Florida, you should accept living among people with opposing political (& then some) views. It's a melting pot in every way. If you go into an area with a me vs. them attitude, you will never find a place that makes you happy.

I haven't noticed any certain political party sequestering themselves into particular neighborhoods yet...

Find your little spot in the sun & just enjoy life

Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM

7 posts, read 20,860 times
Default Palmer ranch vs lakewood ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
In south Florida, you should accept living among people with opposing political (& then some) views. It's a melting pot in every way. If you go into an area with a me vs. them attitude, you will never find a place that makes you happy.

I haven't noticed any certain political party sequestering themselves into particular neighborhoods yet...
Well, at least that sounds more "friendly" than The Villages. This is a bastion of right wing NUTS---and has been unbearable...I don't want to jump from the fire into the frying pan.....

Old 08-17-2012, 12:44 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyfitzy View Post
Well, at least that sounds more "friendly" than The Villages. This is a bastion of right wing NUTS---and has been unbearable...I don't want to jump from the fire into the frying pan.....
It's a good mix here.. trust me.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:17 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal78 View Post
We have looked at apartments online both in Lakewood Ranch and Palmer Ranch. Looks like they are on opposite ends of the city. Are they similar or totally different? What do each have to offer in terms of things to do with family, access to shopping and dining, and reasonable housing? Is one "nicer" than the other (ie safe, better maintained neighborhoods, etc)

Thanks!
Defiantly Palmer ranch. It doesn't really feel plastic, has better schools, and is closer to Sarasota.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:25 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
They all are in Sarasota county school district. I believe the schools for all of Palmer Ranch are: Laurel Nokomis Elementary, Laurel Nokomis Middle and Venice High. If your child tests in and you wanted them to attend, your child could attend Pine View School, which is very close to Palmer Ranch and has grades 2nd-12th grades. I'll check on the foreclosure part. I have to run each section separately.
No, most of it is zoned for, Ashton/Gulf Gate Elementary School, Sarasota Middle School and Riverview High School.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,500,550 times
Thanks for explaining which ranch was which - I was confused.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:35 PM

8 posts, read 7,277 times
Where did you move Lakewood Ranch or Palmer Ranch? My husband and I we are moving to Sarasota and we would like what to know if you are happy with the place you choose.

Thank you,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area