Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:06 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

[quote=scheidhaeuser;16358438]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamrita View Post
Lol! In answer to your question---not as dumb and ignorant as a person who resorts to name calling and can't spell.
Heritage Harbour is not within the city limits of Bradenton, however the last time I looked the mailing address was Bradenton , FL.[/quote]

again, being or issuing a 'half-smart' opinion is your right...you are entitled to your own set of opinions, but you are NOT entitled to your own set of FACTS...

please allow me to explain just a few salient facts :

#1 Whether you have a "Bradenton, FL" US POSTAL delivery address is MEANINGLESS

#2 The United States Postal Service's designation for DELIVERY or sorting has nothing to do with Politcal 'subdivison' or geopolitical description

#3 Lots of the mail is sorted out of the huge facility at Tallevast, which the US POSTAL SERVICE could easily designate all mail sorted there as "Tallevast, Florida"...in other words they can call a delivery point or assignment anything they WISH, and completely disregard ''political subdivison" or "city designation".......and they DO just that, all the time

#4 For example, Heritage Harbour (the developers spelling for sure) is off SR 64, way east of the Interstate 75, and I dare say almost 20 or greater miles from Bradenton, and Bradenton is a tiny 15 sq miles in HUGE Manatee County.....HH is in unicorporated eastern section of Manatee, again, NO where near Bradenton

#5 There are many areas WITHIN Manatee County that actually have a SARASOTA, FL US POSTAL MAILING ADDRESS....but again, so what ? the USPS can name a delivery area ANYTHING they deem 'acceptable'.........All areas within Manatee County such as Palm Aire/Whitfiled, University Park, N Tuttle/University, N Lockwood Ridge, Cascades, Riomar, all of the shopping at Publix Center at Univ/Tuttle, Univ Park Country Club, Palm Aire Country Club, Kohls's shopping Center, and the entire shopping centers/medical office/business parks, etc surrounding Home Depot, Marshalls, LeeRoy Selmon's, etc etc HAVE SARASOTA, FL mailing addresses but all of which are clearly within Manatee County, and could have easily been designated a Bradenton or Tallevast US POSTAL delivery address...............those are just some of the FACTS

#6 Bradenton is but one small city within Manatee County .....buy a map for goddsake, and you will learn where you say you're living....other cities are The City of Holmes Beach, The City of Bradenton Beach, Longboat Key, The City of Parrish (which is closer to HH anyway), The City of Anna Maria, The City of Palmetto ....... and soon to be incorporated LAKEWOOD RANCH

#7 Don't be duped, be informed with the facts, also there is no such place as "East Bradenton"....only the 'eastside' of the tiny City of Bradenton....."East Bradenton" does not exist...well only in the heads of the misinformed, or in the heads of people who wish to 'label' everything and every place in huge Manatee County as "Bradenton" for some stupid or self-serving reason

End......get real, and deal with facts
Hmmmm - every now and then we get a poster who loves to "educate" us all about Sarasota and Manatee counties - always regurgitating the same stuff. Probably same poster rejoining under different names.

Here's a factoid for you. I live in Whitfield Estates, which is Manatee County with a Sarasota address. Whitfield was actually originally in SARASOTA County when it was developed. The only reason it changed was when the airport was built they wanted it to straddle both counties so the boundaries were changed. There are reasons why the addresses are the way they are - my area is serviced by a Sarasota post office.

Anyway, why do you care so much if people refer to "East Bradenton" etc. - is that all you have to worry about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 11:15 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Our friends just moved from Northport to Bradenton, just over the line from Sarasota. It took them several years to sell their house in Northport, so they decided to rent a condo in a beautiful gated community and they love it there. Northport did not have nearly the amenities that Sarasota has and they feel freed from the bondage of owning a house they may not be able to sell when they want to.
If I were you, that's what I would do until I was sure I liked it.
I'm not sure how much space you need, but they have about 2800 sq ft for about $1200. a month.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:47 AM

810 posts, read 1,182,017 times
Would you mind disclosing the name of the community they are renting their condo in? Thank you in advance.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:24 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,421 times
[quote=gypsychic;16358702]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheidhaeuser View Post

Hmmmm - every now and then we get a poster who loves to "educate" us all about Sarasota and Manatee counties - always regurgitating the same stuff. Probably same poster rejoining under different names.

Here's a factoid for you. I live in Whitfield Estates, which is Manatee County with a Sarasota address. Whitfield was actually originally in SARASOTA County when it was developed. The only reason it changed was when the airport was built they wanted it to straddle both counties so the boundaries were changed. There are reasons why the addresses are the way they are - my area is serviced by a Sarasota post office.

Anyway, why do you care so much if people refer to "East Bradenton" etc. - is that all you have to worry about?
Thanks, gypsychic. It's all love and light. BTW, is there an "Ignore" feature on this forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area