Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:38 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times

Advertisements

he is waiting for another PARTEEEEE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 AM

425 posts, read 1,105,048 times
Default Well I wont get there till September

I wont be down until Labor day weekend, will be there for a week, we are trying to figure out what to do with our dogs at Christmas time, we will be down there for 2 weeks,we could bring them down, meaning drive all the way down and back, we could fly them down - awfully expensive, or we could have my son come stay at our house for 2 weeks, but we never know what we will come home to. boarding is to damn expensive and I worry they will catch something, and we will go crazy without them for 2 weeks , Im in a quandry

Old 05-03-2009, 01:05 PM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
We are the same way with our two Corgies. I was suprized two weeks ago when we flew down there ,how many dogs in the airport Being carried some in big bags and others just in peoples arms

Old 05-07-2009, 02:53 PM

6 posts, read 11,502 times
Hi mylittleguy
I was interested to read your post. Does RN stand for Registered Nurse. I am an Occupational Therapist planning on relocating to Bradenton area. I hold an American OT qualification and planning moving to the USA through National Board of OT on a 5 year work visa. I am interested to know how easy it is to get a job in the health profession. Everything I read indicates I would now only need to get a state license to practice as an OT, also to hold a BSL certificate? Good luck with your news.
Sneezey

Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM

Hi MrandMrsSunshine

You have been recommended by forum folk a good person to ask about visa. I am planning on relocating to Bradenton? to work as an OT. I hold an American OT qualification. I am due to go to the British Immigration this summer to hopefully be given a 5 yr work visa
Best Wishes Sneezey

Old 05-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Hi I am interested on your thoughts on North Port as we had not considered this area until reading the forum. Would you know the nearest hospital?

Many thanks
Sneezey

Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezey View Post
Hi I am interested on your thoughts on North Port as we had not considered this area until reading the forum. Would you know the nearest hospital?

Many thanks
Sneezey
The closest hospital to North Port currently is St Joseph Hospital or Fawcett Hospital in Port Charlotte. That's about a 10-15 minute drive. They are building a new hospital in North Port right now and I think it is scheduled to be done by the end of the year.

Just got off the phone with mr&mrssunshine and they arrived last night from England. They might have a little bit of jet lag going on but should be on here in the next few days.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:57 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,288,840 times
11 days and counting...

Old 05-08-2009, 07:04 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
yes we are here and settled in now. It is the first time in the US for Mels dad and he is blown away by it.

Sneezy -are you a US citizen or a foreigner ? DM me and i can (try) and help.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:49 PM

425 posts, read 1,105,048 times
Default Mr and Mrs S

youall here for good or just for a visit??
we will be down in beginning of september, we are dealing with my gravely ill MIL dont know how much longer she will hold on, but cant wait to get down to the sunshine and beaches and my birdie friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area