U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 07:06 AM

8 posts, read 18,875 times

Advertisements

Anyone know how the lawn service business does in the Sarasota, Venice areas?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 05:35 PM

62 posts, read 169,372 times
are you looking for service or starting a business?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:27 PM

I am wanting to start one there if prospects are good.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar View Post
I am wanting to start one there if prospects are good.
well, times are kinda tough now and things are slow around here with all the cold weather we've had plus the hard freezes! i moved here 3 years ago and started one, but also ran a business up north for 17 years. i do more then just cut lawns though, i mostly do full service for my clients, pertaining to lawn and landscaping. there are alot of guys around here that just mow, but i don't see how they are making any money, doing it so cheap!, plus i'm sure they are not legal as in licensed and all! they do it for a hobby, as you would call it. i do it full time and legally!! all i can say is there are alot of lawn care guys around here! good luck!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:41 PM

Hey billslawn, thanks for info, I am on the lawnsite forum too and you were also the only one to get back to me there as well. LOL. Anyway I'm slowly starting to think if I get back to FL, it will be where I'm from and know I will make it. Ft lauderdale area. Just don't like the insane way of life there. Have kids now things are diffrerent...

As with lots of lawn guys around, that is everywhere and I hate that when people lose their job they go buy a lawn mower and steal work from people like us who are real businesses.....

later...

Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar View Post
As with lots of lawn guys around, that is everywhere and I hate that when people lose their job they go buy a lawn mower and steal work from people like us who are real businesses.....

later...
thats what it seems like is happening around here now, which does make me mad, like you say, taking away the business from us guys that do it legit full time to support our families, not for a second income hobby!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 AM

164 posts, read 362,178 times
Its good to see other business owners here. I saw what seemed to be a great deal on a lawn business for sale on craigs list in the Cape Coral area, all the equipment & trailer needed to start along with some clients for $3800

Not sure how that applied to your topic but it just popped into my head, anyway

if you guys ever want to set up a lunch meet up count me in.

I own a commercial cleaning / floor care service. We started in 1996.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:16 AM

330 posts, read 1,040,859 times
So Bill, What is the going monthly rate for cutting the grass at basic track houses. Thats how it is usually priced in florida right, monthly? Are shrubs or palms extra on top of the monthly rate? What type of extra work do you do on top of the mowing?
I would think with all the retirees in your area of florida, most of them use a lawn service so there is alot of business down there even with the economy the grass still grows?

Old 09-19-2009, 06:55 AM

164 posts, read 362,178 times
Bill, I met some guys who have a free networking group where they meet up & do the usual small business networking etc. but FREE sounded about right.

If you are in North Port then they meet right in your area. I am gonna try & go to their next meeting, give me an email brian@ecbsclean.com if your interested.

Like you we could use networking ops.....

Old 09-19-2009, 08:20 AM

17,816 posts, read 23,965,748 times
Yes that is what is needed is more lawncutters....LOL.

I agree with the poster who made the comment about people who lose their jobs
and start lawncare businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area