U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:37 PM

4 posts, read 21,796 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to buy a house in the area. Heres the deal, it will be a rental property, primarily for friends and family. trying to stay as cheap as possible, that being said... I am from the Philly area and I am a police officer, I would like greatly to not have to worry about the crime I see in Philly area everyday(granted we are one of the highest in the nation). Irish family, wouldnt mind if there was an irish neighborhood somewhere down there. dont know if the south reallty has neighborhoods like the north east has like that Fixer upper is just fine, myself and my family have worked in construction, general contractors, electrical, plumbing, you name it I can get it down there and get it done. so an "as-is" property is not a problem. looking to stay under 70g's.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 03:53 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,637,792 times
Look to South Venice and Englewood. I assume you want to be near beach and vacation activities.
Both Venice and Englewood have low crime and are near beach and other activities most people expect when they come to south Florida.

You'll probably find more "deals" further from the coast, but you'll have better vacation rental prospects near coast.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 PM

383 posts, read 964,051 times
HI, we have a couple of very knowledgable agents who are regular posters on this forum, who I'm sure will answer any questions you might have as soon as they see your thread. I myself just purchased my future retirement home in Englewood in October, and I could'nt be a happier camper!! Good luck with your search and I have a good feeling you can find exactly what your looking for in this area!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:03 PM

Wow Bob, you beat me to the draw , I clicked send and your message was already there! LBPA, FLBob is one of the folks I was telling you about!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:04 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,721,972 times
I just wrote a contract on two different homes in North Port for under 60K. They really just needed paint and carpet, 3 bedrooms, two baths, built in the late 1990's, around 1400 under air. There are many deals like this that come up. I know of a few more that are going to be coming on the market soon. North Port would be your best bet by far.

North Port is about 25 minutes from the beach, 10 minutes from the mall, 5 minutes to golfing. It's kind of a bedroom community for Sarasota and Ft Myers. Many people live here and travel north and south for work.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 PM

And SoFLGal is the other!!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:16 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,721,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum wannabe View Post
And SoFLGal is the other!!
Wow! An answer from both of us in less than thirty minutes. Not bad if ya ask me

Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 PM

6,103 posts, read 14,282,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerBucksPA View Post
I'm looking to buy a house in the area. Heres the deal, it will be a rental property, primarily for friends and family. trying to stay as cheap as possible, that being said... I am from the Philly area and I am a police officer, I would like greatly to not have to worry about the crime I see in Philly area everyday(granted we are one of the highest in the nation). Irish family, wouldnt mind if there was an irish neighborhood somewhere down there. dont know if the south reallty has neighborhoods like the north east has like that Fixer upper is just fine, myself and my family have worked in construction, general contractors, electrical, plumbing, you name it I can get it down there and get it done. so an "as-is" property is not a problem. looking to stay under 70g's.

Thanks
Hey LowerBucksPA,
Are you from Bucks County PA per chance? I just bought a house here in Punta Gorda Isles! I was at an art show earlier today here in my new home town, and the girl I bought the painting frm was from Bucks County PA. My house here in PGI is not far from North Port, where if you are looking for a nice house, for little money that is rentable - that seems to be the hotest area right now. There are some places there that need some work, although for the money there are plenty that are like new, and still in expensive! You should definitely come down and take a look!

When you say "as-is" that is the way you'd have to accept a foreclosed property - banks won't sell them any other way. And if you are looking in the North Port area, SoFLGal is the agent that sells more there than just about anyone. She also sells a ton of foreclosures and has gotten to be one of the perferred listing agents - I think.

There is a great little Irish Pub here in PGI called the Celtic Ray! Very authentic - you'll have to check it out! And, I might join you! I'm Irish too by the way! And, I've been known to down a pint or two.

When do you think you'll be traveling down to visit? There are a million things to see and do down here. I gotta warn you though - you won't want to go back!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 PM

62 posts, read 168,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerBucksPA View Post

Thanks
well, if you need someone to maintain your lawn and landscape, you got someone here to do that also. send me a message if so interested!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 21,796 times
25 minutes is a little further than I was looking to being from the beach. cut off 10 minutes and that would be great. water activities in North Port?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>