Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 05:23 PM

11 posts, read 50,471 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am still debating between moving to Sarasota and Ft Myers. I am 34 and single. I would love to live in a gated community for safety. Can anyone recommend any Sarasota communities that are gated with homes in the 200-350K range? I am saying as low as 200K because so many beautiful neighborhoods have foreclosures and short sales and these homes would have been more like 300-400K before the economy went wrong.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:37 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
In that price range you would have:
Tatum Ridge off Fruitville
Turtle Rock in south Sarasota
Deer Creek in south Sarasota
Stoneybrook in south Sarasota
Huntington Pointe in south Sarasota

The last four are located in Palmer Ranch which has a great location-close to the beaches, shopping, etc.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:41 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Village Walk
Arielle
Country Club
all in South Sarasota

Old 07-11-2009, 08:04 AM

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned. I am looking for Northern Sarasota, because my brother has to work at the Tampa airport. YOu all told me LWR was a good idea as well as University Park, and off University Pkwy. I search the mls every day and I always find houses in that 200-350K price range in LWR and areas off Univ Pkwy. I really want a gated community though.
Are all of LWR communities (I think there are 7?) gated?
Also on one other note, have any of you all (soflagirl, petebrit, gpsychic, etc) been to Estero? I LOVED estero, but I always hear how Sarasota is THE PLACE to be in SWF.
Thanks for all your great help!!

Old 07-11-2009, 08:12 AM

118 posts, read 276,166 times
LWR is actually not Sarasota, but I think the only gated single family home portion is the country club, which is higher than your price range, but the rest of LWR is very safe. Very pretty area-my folks love it. Also, the Tampa airport is a 45 min. commute each way from this area- do you want something closer?

Old 07-11-2009, 06:06 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,925,572 times
Like FLmom77 said, Lakewood Ranch would be the only place that I can think of that fits your criteria.

I'm not that familiar with the Estero area so I don't feel qualified to answer questions about that area. I think Gyspychic might have some info on that area. I'm not sure how close it is to Lakeland but Gypsy knows about that area.

If you're looking at north Sarasota you'd have:

Longwood Run
Desoto Lakes
Country Oaks
Spring Oaks
Rivers Edge
Palm Lakes
Glen Brooke
Palm Aire
Water Oak
Mote Ranch
Riomar
Edgewater Village
Cascades
Summerfield
The Trails
Riverwalk
The Meadows
Braden Woods
Whisper Bend
Sonoma
Hunter's Grove

Last edited by SoFLGal; 07-11-2009 at 06:17 PM..

Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 AM

Wow, how do you know so many communities?! Thanks! 45 minutes to Tampa Airport is fine. I don't want my brother to commute more than 1 hr.
Thanks again. Now out of those listed communities, I recognize only a few. Palm Aire I've heard is nice. Mote i've heard is not that great . THe Meadows is an older community, right? Any descriptions of the other communities? And they're all gated, right? I'm looking to compile a list of all of the gated communities you mentioned. I will right price ranges of homes, age of community, hoa fees, etc. Just after a few seconds of research i looked at the first community you posted, "longwood run" and found the prices of the homes to be super low.http://www.michaelsaunders.com/AreaI...gwood-Run.aspx Any idea why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Like FLmom77 said, Lakewood Ranch would be the only place that I can think of that fits your criteria.

I'm not that familiar with the Estero area so I don't feel qualified to answer questions about that area. I think Gyspychic might have some info on that area. I'm not sure how close it is to Lakeland but Gypsy knows about that area.

If you're looking at north Sarasota you'd have:

Longwood Run
Desoto Lakes
Country Oaks
Spring Oaks
Rivers Edge
Palm Lakes
Glen Brooke
Palm Aire
Water Oak
Mote Ranch
Riomar
Edgewater Village
Cascades
Summerfield
The Trails
Riverwalk
The Meadows
Braden Woods
Whisper Bend
Sonoma
Hunter's Grove

Last edited by nikomoul; 07-12-2009 at 08:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area