Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 AM

7 posts, read 15,682 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm a big dreamer here and was hoping someone who lives on SK can tell me if there are any new town homes in construction now. We are looking to relocate in a couple of years and will only settle on Siesta Key. Crescent beach is heaven to me so anywhere within walking distance would be wonderful.

As usual I will be staying in either Casablanca or Aloha Kai at the end of June for a week and would be searching aggressively for 3/2 1 car garage

Also was wondering if anyone is aware of a special needs school for children with autism. My daughter is 7 and will need a special school and a speech therapy center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 02:01 PM

385 posts, read 1,159,180 times
Hi Joyce & Jay- I live just off the south bridge area, and there are some brand new town homes on Stickney Point Rd. that were constructed during the boom. They were originally selling for $699,000 and are now going for $399,000. It is a small enclave of Key West style town homes. I believe they are 3 to 4 bedrooms, 2 to 3 baths, with 2 car garages. They are located right before the bridge, on the south side of Stickney Point. They are a very, very short walk to Crescent Beach. I would be most envious of your proximity! I am not sure what is directly on the key now as far as new construction town homes. I do know that you would never have the anxiety of waiting to get on/off the bridge when it is up-(have waited up to 10 minutes before) or when traffic is backed up a mile during season to the Midnight Pass Rd Light, transporting a child with autism in the car can get hairy sometimes. Trust me, I know, I have one.

My son attends Pinnacle Academy in Lakewood Ranch, for children with autism and related disorders. ( Pinnacle Academy ) There is not another school like it in the state of Florida. We are so blessed we live right here in Sarasota, that he has the ability to attend there. There are parents who drive their child an hour an a half to get there. I can't tell you how pleased we are with the school, the teachers, the support etc. Dr. Christina Ordetx is the director of the school and she is just so knowledgeable, and an out of the box thinker. There are just a few choices as far as private schools are concerned, I believe the other is Ave Maria in Sarasota. I think there is someone on this board who works there and can give you further info. Right now my son is going to Children's Therapy Works in Sarasota for OT & ST and they are wonderful. Pinnacle Academy does offer onsite therapy through Therapeutic Potentials also in Lakewood Ranch, which in the future we may switch to. It would be very convenient to have it all located in one place.

I live right around the corner from those town homes and will take down the info for you. It sounds like you may have your heart set living directly on the key, but honestly most locals will tell you not having to deal with the traffic headache would make the location of these town homes very attractive. Then again, if you are retired or your daughter enjoys being in the car, go for it! If you have any questions about Pinnacle or anything I can help you with, feel free to PM me or post in this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area