Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:53 PM

164 posts, read 381,438 times

Advertisements

We are renting in North Port, & plan on renting for a couple more years. We found a place in Punta Gorda on the canal that offered so much more for the same price we are paying now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM

384 posts, read 986,958 times
Now ... we'll look forward to your second year feedback on Punta Gorda - although, if you make that a six month update that would work perfect for me!

I actually think I'm interested in being closer to the coast - but Big House has me intrigued on Punta Gorda Isles.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:25 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,024,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miruca View Post
Now ... we'll look forward to your second year feedback on Punta Gorda - although, if you make that a six month update that would work perfect for me!

I actually think I'm interested in being closer to the coast - but Big House has me intrigued on Punta Gorda Isles.
I love it here, but what ever you do, you will find the right place that suits you! PGI has a lot of things going on all the time. It is different than many of the other places I've been. I also like being able to go easily to Venice, Sarasota, Siesta Key, Lido Beach, St Armands Circle, Pine Island, Ft. Myers, Naples, Captiva, Ft. Myers Beach, and a bunch of other places in about a half hour - plus or minus. I can go on and on, but won't - you need to explore. You'll find the perfect spot - there's enough of them for everyone!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:41 PM

657 posts, read 1,782,780 times
i love this thread... thankyou!! looking forward to seeing things thru florida eyes!!

Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,845,037 times
It's great to see that someone is enjoying their decision to relocate to Florida.

I hope you succeed and grow a huge business

Old 03-30-2009, 02:49 PM

23 posts, read 72,679 times
great thread. our first drive to FL is in T-minus 24 days! compared to your living costs in Michigan, how were they in Florida? im in central NJ and am considering relocating to FL while I am young(24) and can do it(and hope for the best). i see single family homes in FL for 6-8 hundred a month. im not asking for exact figures, just a comparison. thanks!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:19 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,829,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyNJhelloFL View Post
great thread. our first drive to FL is in T-minus 24 days! compared to your living costs in Michigan, how were they in Florida? im in central NJ and am considering relocating to FL while I am young(24) and can do it(and hope for the best). i see single family homes in FL for 6-8 hundred a month. im not asking for exact figures, just a comparison. thanks!
Yeah, In North Port you can get an older home built in the 1960's for around $600 per month and an almost new or brand new home 3/2/2 for around $800.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM

23 posts, read 72,679 times
SoFLGal, would you be willing to meet up with us and show us whats available the last week in april?

Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,829,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyNJhelloFL View Post
SoFLGal, would you be willing to meet up with us and show us whats available the last week in april?
Sure no problem. I'll send you a direct message.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:17 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,919,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink flamingo View Post
Thanks ECBS............I wish more newbies would post of their experiences. Your post actually helped me relax a bit. It is a big risk picking up and moving so far away. My home hear in WI is now up for sale...Sarasota hear I come ( with any luck). I will have to keep a log for my report to CD. *Pink Flamingo's great adventure*....coming soon to a city-data post near you...woo-hoo!~~~~~~
We're 'sconnies too...just east of Madison. Where are you? We bought a vacant lot in Port Charlotte, just closed last Friday. Don't know when we'll get to build and move, still have jobs up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area