U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 07:50 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,075,725 times

Advertisements

Mother nature heard the plea of a 7 trillion thirsty plants! If the US Government bought a glass of water for every thirsty plant, it still wouldn't cost as much as the national debt! But, it sure helps that we are getting a nice rain down here today!

I was running to the hardware store to get some odds and ends for the floating dock I installed yesterday, and the State Police and Fire Department closed down Route 41 (Tamiami Trail - Love that name) and later US Route 75. The wild fire burned a huge amount of property before being brought under control. A couple fire fighters were injured - pray for them. and a unfortunately couple homes were burned down.

I was surprised how dry it has gotten, but noticed it when I was driving home from the airport the other day. This rain will sure help!

Oh, and Go Villanova! The Wildcats scratched the crap outta Pitt last night! LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 01:26 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,076,802 times
Hey Big House,
Did you get my DM???
Patty

Old 03-29-2009, 03:52 PM

51 posts, read 210,640 times
The Tar Heels will take care of the Wildcats next Saturday!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:21 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,405,414 times
It is getting pretty bad down here with the lack of rain. Good thing we had a good soaking last might and most of today. Here's an article from the paper about the fire: Fire destroys homes in Punta Gorda | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader

OK, I'm clueless about the Wildcat/Villanova. Hmmm...baseball, football...dunno, no clue.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
Hey Big House,
Did you get my DM???
Patty
I didn't until this morning! I was being haulled around shopping with the girls in St Armands Circle Yesterday! It was a beautiful place.

I replied to you though. We'll haveta work something out!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
It is getting pretty bad down here with the lack of rain. Good thing we had a good soaking last might and most of today. Here's an article from the paper about the fire: Fire destroys homes in Punta Gorda | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader

OK, I'm clueless about the Wildcat/Villanova. Hmmm...baseball, football...dunno, no clue.
Good article SoFLGal! Thanks for the link.

The fire was pretty substantial when they shut down Route 41 right in front of me. The fire trucks and police cars passed me and stopped right in front of me when I got to Jones Loop Road and Burnt Store Road. I luckily was going to the Home Depot there to pick up a few things for my floating dock project that I was working on.
You could really see the smoke, although the fire wasn't there yet. I thought it was just a big brush fire at the time, cuz you could see the smoke was coming from a large area, it wasn't your normal column of smoke like you'd see if it were just a house. I didn't know it was that bad until I saw the news reports later!

Oh, and the Villanova Wildcats is the great college basketball team that advanced to the Final Four in the NCAA Championship Play-offs yesterday. The North Carolina Tar-Heels is the unlucky college basketball team that will eventually have to play them (if they (the Tar Heels) make it!) LOL If you want, I am willing to mentor you at {hmmmm thinking . . . . } Cracker Joe's, and {hmmmm thinking somemore . . . . what's it gonna cost . . . hmmmm . . . . keep this affordable . . . . } its only gonna cost you a nice cold Yuengling! That's the beer I like best. It is made by the oldest brewery in America!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:24 AM

7,511 posts, read 21,405,414 times
Looks like there were a few firefighters that were injured in the blaze. They were just released from the hospital today. Firefighters released from the hospital | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader

Well, I think I'll stick to what I know best, real estate, and leave the sports stuff to you. I think it would take much longer than a few beers worth to explain all of it to me. I don't even know any of the teams. Totally clueless on the sports stuff. On second thought, maybe I could educate you little on the shopping. Now that's something I know about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area