U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,076,578 times

Advertisements

I was just curious how much is costs to install a pool with the cage. There are lots of homes without pools and I was just wondering if it would be worth putting a pool in yourself if you could get a good enough deal on one without one. Twelve days and counting and I'll be there
Patty
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,565,337 times
I added a pool and cage to a house a couple years back, the cost was about $40k. The lanai was about 20x 50 and the pool 30x12. The deck was concrete pavers and the pool equipment included a heat pump.
Sometimes the price on a house without a pool is worth adding one after the fact, I'd use a number like $50k difference between a house with an existing pool and one without as the determining number. That way you can add a spa too.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 AM

7,511 posts, read 21,403,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
I was just curious how much is costs to install a pool with the cage. There are lots of homes without pools and I was just wondering if it would be worth putting a pool in yourself if you could get a good enough deal on one without one. Twelve days and counting and I'll be there
Patty
I see ads in the paper all the time for pools at $20K. I'm sure this is a smaller pool, deck and no spa. So, you could get a pool with a cage for $20K it just depends on what else you want to add.

Prices have come down considerably in the last year or so since the home building has dropped off. I would certainly shop around though

Old 05-04-2009, 03:25 PM

325 posts, read 949,299 times
Anywhere from $3.00 a Sq. Ft. or $4.00 Sq. ft. depending on how desperate the company is. (For a Cage)
Standard pool $19,000.00 to 25,000.00

Last edited by kbuild; 05-04-2009 at 04:21 PM..

Old 05-04-2009, 06:17 PM

Thank you all. Just another option for us. Not really as expensive as I thought it might be.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM

6,103 posts, read 14,074,412 times
The prices discussed appear consistent with what others have mentioned to me as well.
Good Luck on finding your little peice of paradise Patty!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:57 PM

Thanks Big House. I sure am gonna miss you and that boat ride , but I'm sure it will eventually happen. Hey, what would you recommend for seafood in the area. We like any kind of fish and shellfish. I know Harpoon Harry's is a must so we'll probably go there first night we're there. I'll keep you posted. We'll be looking at several properties in PGI- who knows, maybe we'll be neighbors someday . Take care.
Patty

Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM

831 posts, read 2,279,254 times
My only word of advice is to get at least three quotes. I did this when I got my pool cage installed, you'll find out really quick who is trying to rip you off. Also don' make any final payments until the building inspector has come thru. He found a couple of things on mine.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
My only word of advice is to get at least three quotes. I did this when I got my pool cage installed, you'll find out really quick who is trying to rip you off. Also don' make any final payments until the building inspector has come thru. He found a couple of things on mine.

Thanks for the good advice. Appreciate it!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,074,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
Thanks Big House. I sure am gonna miss you and that boat ride , but I'm sure it will eventually happen. Hey, what would you recommend for seafood in the area. We like any kind of fish and shellfish. I know Harpoon Harry's is a must so we'll probably go there first night we're there. I'll keep you posted. We'll be looking at several properties in PGI- who knows, maybe we'll be neighbors someday . Take care.
Patty
We will definitely go out for a boat ride, and if you're on the water (gulf access) i'll find a way to your house by boat too.

There are a lot of good restaurants around! I like a place called Portofino's, it is in Port Charlotte, on the water just over the bridge from PGI. They have a nice deck bar, and great Italian food too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area