Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 10:12 AM

473 posts, read 1,167,540 times

Advertisements

518 River Crane St, Bradenton, FL 34212

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
518 River Crane St, Bradenton, FL 34212

Thanks!
It's in Ellenton, out east, in River Preserve. Looks like another
"out east" development near the outlet mall, no golf course to anchor it.... Probably a lot of speculation buying as there's homes never lived in being sold....BIG homes...for little money...I'd keep my eye out on the drywall issue. If you're a beach person, you're 45 min. away...in season, maybe an hour & 1/2 depending on traffic.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
It's in Ellenton, out east, in River Preserve. Looks like another
"out east" development near the outlet mall, no golf course to anchor it.... Probably a lot of speculation buying as there's homes never lived in being sold....BIG homes...for little money...I'd keep my eye out on the drywall issue. If you're a beach person, you're 45 min. away...in season, maybe an hour & 1/2 depending on traffic.
Thanks Lady! I will be interested in the beach but may have to drive to Tampa for work but am
Considering LWR and Palmer currently and I know that from Lakewood Tampa is more than I want to drive each way and
A haul an more so from palmer. Work may be in st.pete in which case either are ok.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 PM

Good luck!

What about Apollo Beach/Brandon area?

Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Good luck!

What about Apollo Beach/Brandon area?
I will look for it although admittedly have absolutely no clue about it. The spelling was bad on the last msg from my phone. Sorry.
So judging by your comments not liking planned communites and judging by mine that say we like the planned communiteis what are we likely to find in this area?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
I will look for it although admittedly have absolutely no clue about it. The spelling was bad on the last msg from my phone. Sorry.
So judging by your comments not liking planned communites and judging by mine that say we like the planned communiteis what are we likely to find in this area?
Planned communities, with the exception of the Lakewood Ranch/Palmer Ranch options, are a dime a dozen with really no distinguishing features, especially the ones found out in East Manatee County.

At least with amenities such as a golf course/and or town of its own plus medical facilities such as LWR, they have something going on.

People tended to "wait for the next one" when looking out east as the market used to be "why by a used home" when in a year, the next community was due to open up.

Now, the games changed. Many people overbought, foreclosures abound, some homes havn't even been lived in and there's a glut of homes for sale EVERYWHERE.

So, in summation, it's really a personal choice. If you enjoy the features of a planned community, there's many to choose from.

I mentioned Apollo Beach & Brandon as it's the place between TPA and SRQ with easy access to the I75. My girlfriend built in Apollo Beach on the bay years ago when the Brandon Mall was in construction. Nice area. Also, there's some interesting little places out East there on the Alafia River as well.

Again, personal choice rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area