U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 PM

3 posts, read 18,413 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I are very interested in the Palmer Ranch area. We are in our 60's and very active. Any information on this community and the Isles would be most helpful to us. Thank You in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 11:17 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,949,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasolo49 View Post
Hi, my husband and I are very interested in the Palmer Ranch area. We are in our 60's and very active. Any information on this community and the Isles would be most helpful to us. Thank You in advance
There are 23 communities in Palmer Ranch. Did you have any specific community in mind other than the Isles? Were you looking for a condo, villa, town home or single family home? One nice thing about Palmer Ranch is that it has no CDD fee like some other developments such as Lakewood Ranch.

Palmer Ranch is one of Sarasota's most popular master planned communities. Palmer Ranch actually consists of many neighborhoods, all individually operated under their own HOA. The common areas of Palmer Ranch are maintained by a master association. The overall look and feel of PR is "green" - the roads are grass and treelined, the sidewalks wind throughout the entire community, and we have recently been able to add the Legacy Trail to our many great aspects. The Legacy Trail is a paved walking/biking trail that winds through the woods along the path of the old railroad track.

Palmer Ranch is districted for great schools, is only 10-15 minutes to the beach, and is next door to the mall, new 12-screen movie theater and a fantastic YMCA complex, including a huge waterpark. Palmer Ranch is very popular with families.

The neighborhoods of Palmer Ranch offer a wide variety of living options - these are the basics, but we have even seen hybrids of these.

Single family homes - home and land owned and maintained by the owner
Maintenance free single family - home and land owned, but covered with a master agreement for lawn maintenance
Condominium - unit owned from the walls in, the exterior and land is owned and maintained by the condo
Villa - freestanding or duplex, lives like a single family home but operated as a condominium
Townhome - multi-level dwelling, operated as a condominium

The Isles is a gated, community of villas, townhomes and single family homes was developed by DiVosta and offers every size, style and shaped residence one could desire. The Town center is ideal for gathering with friends and neighbors, and enjoy a refreshing dip at the lagoon pool, a great workout at the athletic center, or socializing in clubhouse. They have a full time social director. The Isles are built around lakes and native reserves.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Thank you for the information. We've been looking into senior active communities, but noticed the palmer ranch area and was wondering if senior friendly. We want to purchase a home and be close to activites and bike trail. We are now in southern calif and would really enjoy less traffic, if that's possible these days?!LOL Thanks again, we will be traveling to the area in the next few months if I may contact you that would be helpful.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the information. We've been looking into senior active communities, but noticed the palmer ranch area and was wondering if senior friendly. We want to purchase a home and be close to activites and bike trail. We are now in southern calif and would really enjoy less traffic, if that's possible these days?!LOL Thanks again, we will be traveling to the area in the next few months if I may contact you that would be helpful.
I really think the Palmer Ranch fits all lifestyles and ages. I've heard nothing but wonderful things from the people that have purchased in there.

I haven't seen SmileDoc on the board in a while but I know he lives in VillageWalk and seems to be pretty pleased with his purchase.

I'd be happy to help you in any way I can.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:28 PM

413 posts, read 1,192,513 times
Quote:
My wife and I bought in Village Walk, which is a subdivision in Palmer Ranch. It is right near the Legacy Trail, about 15-20 minutes to Siesta Key Beach and 20-25 minutes to downtown. It is a very easy 30 minute drive to the airport. I am only familiar with the Hamptons and VW cannot speak about the other subdivisions. VW has several different home styles, ranging from townhouses to villas (two houses sharing a common middle wall) to free standing single units. The place is immaculate and I think the monthly HOA fess are reasonable, considering all the amenities. All the grounds are very well kept. There is no shortage of activities to participate in. VW is pretty strict about what you can and cannot place on the yards, etc. There is some reason for the uniformity, but not everyone is cut out for that.
Check out www.villagewalkofsarasota.org
We are very happy with our choice. We are in our mid 50s and we go down for a week every six weeks, independent of the season. Our next trip is right around July 1st. We don't mind the heat.

Best,
smiledoc1

Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I really think the Palmer Ranch fits all lifestyles and ages. I've heard nothing but wonderful things from the people that have purchased in there.

I haven't seen SmileDoc on the board in a while but I know he lives in VillageWalk and seems to be pretty pleased with his purchase.

I'd be happy to help you in any way I can.

I'm here!! It's been a bit busy around here so I haven't had much time to play on 'puter. Son off to China in two days for 10 weeks. Mrs. Smiledoc1 is a bit on the anxious side.

smiledoc1

Old 05-22-2009, 09:43 PM

440 posts, read 1,007,125 times
We looked at the Isles in March '09. It has a similar look to Village Walk but is still being built up 50-60%occupied. The sales agent told us that w. the financial slow-down they are completing the homes already started but would then only build when a particular unit is sold. right now there are piles of dirt everywhere which could become your view if you want a particular site. Very immature plantings don't give a lush florida feeling. The rest of Palmer Ranch looked very lush.It has nice models and a nice town center. We settled on the Meadows, an older community which is very active

Old 05-24-2009, 09:46 PM

Thank you all for the information, I'll keep you posted

Old 05-25-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiledoc1 View Post
I'm here!! It's been a bit busy around here so I haven't had much time to play on 'puter. Son off to China in two days for 10 weeks. Mrs. Smiledoc1 is a bit on the anxious side.

smiledoc1
Wow! That's a pretty long trip. Hope he has a good time. Maybe next time you come down I can make it to one of your speeches on China

Old 05-25-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Wow! That's a pretty long trip. Hope he has a good time. Maybe next time you come down I can make it to one of your speeches on China
He just landed in Beijing. His flight to Guilin is in a few hours. Then he takes the bus to Yangshuo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area