Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 04:37 PM

4 posts, read 11,584 times

Advertisements

I am interested in purchasing a home in Village Walk Sarasota and was wondering if the noise from I-75 presents a problem for the residents who live along the street that borders the interstate. Also, I heard that there is a proposed expansion of I-75 that would impact the Sarasota area. Any word on how this could effect Village Walk? I know the project is in the very early stages and a long from from happening. Just wanted some info. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 06:29 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEsq View Post
I am interested in purchasing a home in Village Walk Sarasota and was wondering if the noise from I-75 presents a problem for the residents who live along the street that borders the interstate. Also, I heard that there is a proposed expansion of I-75 that would impact the Sarasota area. Any word on how this could effect Village Walk? I know the project is in the very early stages and a long from from happening. Just wanted some info. Thanks
Smiledoc lives in Village Walk and could probably give a report on that. When I've been in Village Walk I haven't noticed it.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
You may hear traffic noise when the wind is blowing from the east. And there is also a planned extension of Central Sarasota Pwy to I-75 with an interchange.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM

385 posts, read 1,159,180 times
I lived there, it's faint if your outside. I did not live on one of the streets backing up to it though. It's a quiet community, but there is still a pretty large preserve area separating the the community from I75. The homes in VW are all made from poured concrete and have insulated windows, it's top notch construction. You will not hear a peep indoors.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the info.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:35 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,760 times
I would look at the homes nearer Honore Ave and furthest away from the freeway

Old 06-06-2009, 03:24 PM

414 posts, read 1,245,376 times
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was at a course on implants.
There have been some concerns about the potential for noise in VW during and after the construction. The state did a noise evaluation and came to the conclusion that noise would not be an issue. VW and some other subdivisions I believe, had an analysis done that comes to a different conclusion. Right now, it is my understanding that subdivisions within Palmer Ranch and the state are in some type of negotitation about noise mitigation.
We live on the side close to 75 and I can say that as of now, noise is not an issue at all.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Thanks for your reply smiledoc1. I spoke to the senior project manager at the DOT and he said that the Dept. ran a noise model and VW did not meet the criteria for a noise wall. Hard to imagine how four extra lanes of traffic on an interstate would not qualify for a barrier wall especially for those sections closest to I-75. From what you're saying, maybe the Palmer Ranch subdivisions will be able to change that. Thanks again for getting back to me with the info.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:45 PM

5 posts, read 18,165 times
Build a lagoon style pool with a large waterfall or get out!

Welcome to the Flying Dutchman!

Old 06-20-2011, 07:21 PM

89 posts, read 104,937 times
Quote:
Posted 06-08-2009, 03:53 PMThanks for your reply smiledoc1. I spoke to the senior project manager at the DOT and he said that the Dept. ran a noise model and VW did not meet the criteria for a noise wall. Hard to imagine how four extra lanes of traffic on an interstate would not qualify for a barrier wall especially for those sections closest to I-75. From what you're saying, maybe the Palmer Ranch subdivisions will be able to change that. Thanks again for getting back to me with the info.
Was there ever an update on I75 expansion and need for noise barrier wall on east side of Village Walk etal ? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area