Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 PM

93 posts, read 191,226 times

Advertisements

I haven't had a chance to post because we have been SO busy unpacking. We have had only a small chance to realy enjoy the area yet...but we are happy as clams already! And every one of you were right...we will NEVER look back!

We still have a lot to do to get this house in order, but we are starting to feel like this is home.

Last night we ventured into Venice and went to Komo Japanese Steak House, HIGHLY recommend that. It was very yummy

Our only issue is the sulphur smell to the water. It was almost unbearable when we got here...we immediatley went out and bought a water cooler and several 5 gallon drums. The lady at walmart commented that we must be on a well, and we are...but luckily the well company came out and serviced the well and the guy said that there was so much sludge in the system that the smell might imporve and it certaily has! It's still there, but it isn't NEARLY as bad!

Hoping for many many wonderful memories here!

I do have a question...can anyone direct me as to how to register my son for the new Atwater School...we are in their district, but I can't find anything on their website about how to register him for the first grade there.

Thanks guys! Everyone has been so wonderful...so my husband and I thank you SO much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,822,172 times
Glad you made it here safely! As far as registering, I would call the School Board up at The Landings, Sarasota County Schools, Home 927-9000. They'll be able to get you going in the right direction.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 PM

190 posts, read 761,856 times
Wee Haaa...I am thrilled for you and the family, glad you made if safely and I will be watching for follow up posts regarding your new sunny and warm life in Florida.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 PM

354 posts, read 1,268,609 times
Default sulpher smell

We are on well in So. Venice as well as our friends in NP. His has a very nasty sulfer smell. We both have a water softner systems with very large holding tanks. The holding tank will get rid of that sulfer smell. We also use a reverse-osmosis water system and drink that water all the time.

welcome......enjoy the summer, you can get it all the best eating places without a wait ..... yea

Old 06-07-2009, 05:13 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,020,020 times
Congratulations and welcome home! You should be getting ready to venture around and do a bit of exploring to see what fun this place really has in store for you.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 PM

383 posts, read 1,019,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittletyguy View Post
I haven't had a chance to post because we have been SO busy unpacking. We have had only a small chance to realy enjoy the area yet...but we are happy as clams already! And every one of you were right...we will NEVER look back!

We still have a lot to do to get this house in order, but we are starting to feel like this is home.

Last night we ventured into Venice and went to Komo Japanese Steak House, HIGHLY recommend that. It was very yummy

Our only issue is the sulphur smell to the water. It was almost unbearable when we got here...we immediatley went out and bought a water cooler and several 5 gallon drums. The lady at walmart commented that we must be on a well, and we are...but luckily the well company came out and serviced the well and the guy said that there was so much sludge in the system that the smell might imporve and it certaily has! It's still there, but it isn't NEARLY as bad!

Hoping for many many wonderful memories here!

I do have a question...can anyone direct me as to how to register my son for the new Atwater School...we are in their district, but I can't find anything on their website about how to register him for the first grade there.

Thanks guys! Everyone has been so wonderful...so my husband and I thank you SO much!
Congratulations! hope you never regret the move to Sfl. We looked at house when we were shopping around,that was in Rotunda that I loved,but had an awful sulpher smell that went all through the house because of the well-water. we ended up buying a place in Englewood, and later found out there were ways to eliminate the sulpher smell. Anyway we still love the place we have and hopefully will be moving down permanently in the near future. Good luck in getting yourselves set up in this little slice of heaven that we can call home!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 PM

383 posts, read 1,019,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiddle View Post
We are on well in So. Venice as well as our friends in NP. His has a very nasty sulfer smell. We both have a water softner systems with very large holding tanks. The holding tank will get rid of that sulfer smell. We also use a reverse-osmosis water system and drink that water all the time.

welcome......enjoy the summer, you can get it all the best eating places without a wait ..... yea
Hey Paradiddle, are You a drummer by any chance? RLRR-LRLL mean anything to You? (paradiddle in drummer-speak) Been playing since the age of 10, but still havent pefected the art! Russ (How about a triplet?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area