Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:14 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,584 times

Advertisements

Some amazing things have happened to me recently. First of all, I'm finally receiving my first showing on the house tonight. Wish us luck!
Secondly, I've had about 7 more really good paying job opportunities turn up that all fit me really well. Still no phone calls back on my resume but one of them is a position with a government office, another is with that slick areospace company (north of the bay) like I've been dreaming of.

I should pull my head out of the clouds and stay focused. I may be on the verge of loosing my last string with the midwest but having nothing turn up yet in my intended destination. Enjoying the experience though! These are the moments that test one's mettle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 04:49 PM

92 posts, read 349,415 times
Must be nice.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:10 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
Some amazing things have happened to me recently. First of all, I'm finally receiving my first showing on the house tonight. Wish us luck!
Secondly, I've had about 7 more really good paying job opportunities turn up that all fit me really well. Still no phone calls back on my resume but one of them is a position with a government office, another is with that slick areospace company (north of the bay) like I've been dreaming of.

I should pull my head out of the clouds and stay focused. I may be on the verge of loosing my last string with the midwest but having nothing turn up yet in my intended destination. Enjoying the experience though! These are the moments that test one's mettle

You sound like you're having some good luck! That's pretty quick for a showing! Good Luck! Keep us up to date with the progress! I hope you get a great offer!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:

Hey, we are all keeping our fingers crossed for you! You are meant to be here, and when the time is right, the doors will open. You have the right attitude, and you deserve it!

Old 07-14-2009, 06:45 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,923 times
Good luck!!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:29 PM

149 posts, read 371,729 times
please keep us informed. hope you can make it

Old 07-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
If I were you, I'd get on Facebook and network in Sarasota.
OK, one more thing to correct my ignorance... because I've been struggling with this thought all week... if I sign up for this Facebook thing, will the whole world be able to find me and see my networking activity? Seems like it, including my own friends and family. Many of them are super nosy and I'm also in a small community where everyone knows everyone. Big time talkers..... Not many people know I'm headed to Florida yet except my folks.... it could let the cat out of the bag . Maybe I'll fake it like I live there already? A fake zip code? Would that work? A fake name? Seriously people, I'm worried. I know that everyone knows everyone out here within 3 people.
I also just wonder how people can zero in on specific locations and strike up a conversation. If I'm coming from MN and pop onto some profile in Florida, what do I say? "Hey- nice profile picture?" I know I've gotten the hang of this City Data thing but all this other stuff is kinda strange to me.

By the way, what's it mean when you keep trying to do a search in Myspace, and you type a few interest in there like being a parent or married etc... and you search and get a response like "There are 0 results for your search." ???
Am I the only one like me out there????

Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,923 times
I'd say stick to Facebook and stay away from myspace. Just my opinion. You can set your preferences to who can see all your info and who can't. Don't you know some 13 year old to show you how to work Facebook????

Old 07-20-2009, 07:35 PM

Thanks pal, I'm not totally unable to do this stuff. Just seems like a waste of time so I'm unpolished. I used to have a myspace but found it lacked a certain sofistication with the users... I'd much rather post on topics like taxes and absorption rates alongside the likes of yourself. I'll just jump in head-first and take a chance even if I don't think it'll land a job. You all seem to think it can't hurt.
Remember, I grew up in the age of computers. I can make my way around.
I'm just worried about my plans getting out. My neighbor is related to the front desk receptionist, my bosses admin assistant goes to my church, I have co-workers who live down the street from me and I'm involved with the city government here so a lot of people know me already and write about guys like me in the local paper... and the list goes on...

Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
Quote:
Thanks pal, I'm not totally unable to do this stuff. Just seems like a waste of time so I'm unpolished. I used to have a myspace but found it lacked a certain sofistication with the users... I'd much rather post on topics like taxes and absorption rates alongside the likes of yourself. I'll just jump in head-first and take a chance even if I don't think it'll land a job. You all seem to think it can't hurt.
Remember, I grew up in the age of computers. I can make my way around.
I'm just worried about my plans getting out. My neighbor is related to the front desk receptionist, my bosses admin assistant goes to my church, I have co-workers who live down the street from me and I'm involved with the city government here so a lot of people know me already and write about guys like me in the local paper... and the list goes on...
You just set your profile to private & keep it totally zipped up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area