Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:38 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,294 times

Advertisements

Our home isn't sold and my job hasn't been offered. Two more homes down the street from us have sold. We've only had the one showing all month and no response back. My areospace opportunity didn't work out. The house looks like it did on July 1st and has almost everyday since. It's been hard to keep it perfect with the kids and all but it's been nice not spending every day fixing/finishing something anymore. Wondering what's up.... ??? It's a nice place. I should show you all pictures.

Whoever God is waiting on that isn't listening to him right now better get their butt in gear! I feel like I'm being told, "Not just yet... I'm waiting on 'putz-meister' over here in Florida to get with the program!" Come on!!!!

uuuuugh. Someone have a drink for me. I went to the cabin this weekend and it wasn't even a high of 60 on Saturday. {sigh}
The kids didn't seem to mind but my wife sure did. She's starting to worry that we'll be seeing another MN winter....

I'm re-writing my resume a bit. Now also looking into a QC/QA position since I spent 3 years in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 02:54 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
Our home isn't sold and my job hasn't been offered. Two more homes down the street from us have sold. We've only had the one showing all month and no response back. My areospace opportunity didn't work out. The house looks like it did on July 1st and has almost everyday since. It's been hard to keep it perfect with the kids and all but it's been nice not spending every day fixing/finishing something anymore. Wondering what's up.... ??? It's a nice place. I should show you all pictures.

Whoever God is waiting on that isn't listening to him right now better get their butt in gear! I feel like I'm being told, "Not just yet... I'm waiting on 'putz-meister' over here in Florida to get with the program!" Come on!!!!

uuuuugh. Someone have a drink for me. I went to the cabin this weekend and it wasn't even a high of 60 on Saturday. {sigh}
The kids didn't seem to mind but my wife sure did. She's starting to worry that we'll be seeing another MN winter....

I'm re-writing my resume a bit. Now also looking into a QC/QA position since I spent 3 years in it.
Nothing really to add other than that I've enjoyed reading your writings and I hope your house sells soon. We've had several on this board get contracts on their homes in the last month or so. Many of them were waiting quite a while.

Sending you magical selling dust from Florida

Old 08-03-2009, 05:29 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Quote:

Zara,
Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes it takes a long while, and other times it takes a long long while, then then there it too freakin' Long While!
Don't give up. Things will come together for you. Ask Hedzup3 she finally sold her house and it seemed 2 years. You'll sell soon, it hasn't been that long yet! I remember when I was looking to buy, that was frustrating for me - it took me almost 6 months, and finally, as I was writing my email to my friendly realtor person saying that I'll look again in the spring, someething happened and we got a great deal!

Keep the faith and polish your fishing gear! You'll need it! If you need to break it up a bit, come down for a visit and check out some houses. That will lift your spirits.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:34 PM

92 posts, read 349,321 times
Thumbs down If Only I Had Other People's Problems.

The cabin? LOL. Must be nice. At least you're not an accountant living in a 600 square foot apartment struggling to get by on a CPA's salary. Meanwhile, I was thinking about visiting my cabin to relax when then I realized...

...I don't have one.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Zara,
...If you need to break it up a bit, come down for a visit and check out some houses. That will lift your spirits.
Waddaya think I'm rich and can just go whenever I want? I'm not like some of you semi-retired spoiled transplants. And by the way, didn't I loan you like 5 grand? Looking forward to fishing together sometime.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Waddaya think I'm rich and can just go whenever I want? I'm not like some of you semi-retired spoiled transplants. And by the way, didn't I loan you like 5 grand? Looking forward to fishing together sometime.
Yep! I think you are rich!
You got a lot of good crap going on! And, you're heading to paradise!
Nope, I don't borrow money from friends! I might owe you a beer though, cuz I don't remember who bought last. But, if you know me - it was probably me.
I hope you have some good luck! Sell that house, make a lot of money, and have enough left over to bring some beer and a pole or two fishing soon!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Ha! Only rich in spirit and in family - the rest is still about 20 years out.... but I'll get there. I found another job opportunity - we'll see if this one sticks.

Hey does anyone know of a company that can provide me a real Sarasota address that will forward mail like a PO would to my MN location? I'm wondering if my midwestern contact info is causing my well planned paperwork to be tossed in to file "R" or "T"

Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Ha! Only rich in spirit and in family - the rest is still about 20 years out.... but I'll get there. I found another job opportunity - we'll see if this one sticks.

Hey does anyone know of a company that can provide me a real Sarasota address that will forward mail like a PO would to my MN location? I'm wondering if my midwestern contact info is causing my well planned paperwork to be tossed in to file "R" or "T"

Let me ast ya a queshtion.
If you have your health, and you have your family. Which one would you trade for money?

And, if you have them, and you won't trade 'em, then you most not be doing too poorly, and you're pretty rich!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:44 PM

I wouldn't trade either for money - it's not important. That's why I'm going to have a ton of it! I think people who care less about obtaining it actually find themselves with it more easily. Don't know if that makes sense or not.... But I'm totally with you on your point. Family and health are two things I have plenty of and that's all I really need for now.
And a job.
And a house....

Anyway, I've got free tickets to the PGA's next week. I'll go to that to unwind some more. I've got to learn a few tricks from the masters anyway before I hit the courses during my 'early retirement' to FL!
Hey... I kinda like that..... early retirement. That's what I'm doing. I'm taking an early retirement and maybe I'll work a little on the side.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't trade either for money - it's not important. That's why I'm going to have a ton of it! I think people who care less about obtaining it actually find themselves with it more easily. Don't know if that makes sense or not.... But I'm totally with you on your point. Family and health are two things I have plenty of and that's all I really need for now.
And a job.
And a house....

Anyway, I've got free tickets to the PGA's next week. I'll go to that to unwind some more. I've got to learn a few tricks from the masters anyway before I hit the courses during my 'early retirement' to FL!
Hey... I kinda like that..... early retirement. That's what I'm doing. I'm taking an early retirement and maybe I'll work a little on the side.
Be careful! Now that your rich, cameralens may have it out for you!
See - you got it all! Now you only need a few bucks to skate by - like me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area