Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 AM

13 posts, read 29,426 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are hispanic family,we have two boys 3 months and 2 years, now we live in Naples and we hope to move at Sarasota, I almost read all the forums about the city . but I would like to recevied more information like which is the best place for to life with kids, secure, quiet, excellent schools, wholefoods, community gate, very close to the beach, like 5 miles or 10 miles!!ok maybe 10 we love the beach!!
please this decision is very important for us, we lived before in fort lauderdale, boynton beach, and now naples. we prefer Naples but is to slowly for our business, so we need young people around with kids!!!
and excellent location for our business too.
I appreciate if somebody could give me some advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 04:16 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
You might want to try Palmer Ranch. It seems to fit all/most of your needs. Good school district, close to the beach, small community. Deer Creek, Stonebridge, The Hamptons and Turtle Rock are some communities worth investigating.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Thanks so much, I really appreciate!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 PM

11 posts, read 37,404 times
I would say Sarasota for raising a family is nice, you said you love the beach and it's beautiful. My niece goes to the beach in Hollywood and tells my sister I want to go to aunties beach its clean and white sand doesnt burn I agree Palmer ranch is very nice. You have the YMCA water play/park area. In regards to being hispanic are you looking for areas for foods, stores with spanish products, etc? Not sure what nationality you are and so I can only speak for myself I will say that I have had a difficult time adjusting to the area, and my 10 year old daughter was the one who opened my eyes to the culture she feels she is missing because of living here. She is going into middle school which will be more culturally diverse so I have a good feeling she will be happier and not be the only spanish girl anymore. Good luck to you

Old 06-05-2009, 08:20 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chote View Post
Hello, we are hispanic family,we have two boys 3 months and 2 years, now we live in Naples and we hope to move at Sarasota, I almost read all the forums about the city . but I would like to recevied more information like which is the best place for to life with kids, secure, quiet, excellent schools, wholefoods, community gate, very close to the beach, like 5 miles or 10 miles!!ok maybe 10 we love the beach!!
please this decision is very important for us, we lived before in fort lauderdale, boynton beach, and now naples. we prefer Naples but is to slowly for our business, so we need young people around with kids!!!
and excellent location for our business too.
I appreciate if somebody could give me some advice.
What kind of business do you have - do you mean you want to open a business here? Downtown Sarasota has a Whole Foods, and all kinds of ethnic restaurants. It is also close to beaches. Gated communities are mostly further to the east. SoFLGal gave some good recommendations for you to check into - all communities here aren't too far from a beach, certainly not more than 10 miles.

I, too, am "hispanic", as in a descendent of Spaniards from Spain. I was just discussing the other day with a lovely lady from Colombia about the lack of good Spanish restaurants, etc. here. We have Mexican and quite a few Peruvian now, but not too much for Spanish or Cuban other than the Columbia, which is fancy and not your every day. But I will say that it is very eclectic and cosmopolitan here, and I don't think people ever feel like they don't fit in. I find the area to be mostly welcoming and accepting for the most part.

Good luck to you!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 AM

209 posts, read 452,417 times
Default Sarasota - first time visitor to the area

Hi Chote -- I just got back from Florida from an initial scouting trip to relocate to SW Florida. I was in Tampa area for 2-3 days and looked around, and found it to be too crowded for my tastes.

Next, I went to Sarasota and surrounding area with a grand tour from SoFLGal. SHe did a fantastic job informing me with market info and explaining about the different areas. I have two kids that will follow us to Florida and they will be starting college. So, I think we want to be in or close to Sarasota.

I will post more about my trip, but limited on time right now. Good luck!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:46 PM

Thanks , I really appreciate all the comments. We are peruvians and yes! we love the food!! we have a retail business always in the shopping malls. Now we have a opportunity in Sarasota but we need to exam everything because we have moved a lot , that is the last one. I hope. Also we have another opportunity in Melbourne but I was reading the citi data forum in there and I think is to dangerous for the kids.
We just want the best for our kids!!!!! like all the parents!!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:54 PM

11 posts, read 37,404 times
Default good food

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
What kind of business do you have - do you mean you want to open a business here? Downtown Sarasota has a Whole Foods, and all kinds of ethnic restaurants. It is also close to beaches. Gated communities are mostly further to the east. SoFLGal gave some good recommendations for you to check into - all communities here aren't too far from a beach, certainly not more than 10 miles.

I, too, am "hispanic", as in a descendent of Spaniards from Spain. I was just discussing the other day with a lovely lady from Colombia about the lack of good Spanish restaurants, etc. here. We have Mexican and quite a few Peruvian now, but not too much for Spanish or Cuban other than the Columbia, which is fancy and not your every day. But I will say that it is very eclectic and cosmopolitan here, and I don't think people ever feel like they don't fit in. I find the area to be mostly welcoming and accepting for the most part.

Good luck to you!
Hi I am not sure where in Sarasota you live, but there is a Columbian restaurant on 301 before 17th street, its a silver trailer and the food is good and if you keep further on 301 there is a Dominican/Mexican restaurant. I almost forgot on Tuttle and 12 is a good Peruvian place and the store next store sales a variety of spanish products. I usually don't go to Bradenton but they have a few other good ethnic restaurants. Take care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area