U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 09:48 AM

89 posts, read 266,656 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Just wondering... I received a job offer to teach in Riverview but my husbands offer is Sarasota. We were planning to live in Sarasota because of the great school system there for our boys. I have an offer in Sarasota as well but for less $$$ would the commute be too much?

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 11:50 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,441,054 times
Maybe look at Lakewood Ranch as it would be a better commute, though not my taste as all cokkie cutter houses
Probably wise to be north of Fruitville Rd
Look at Braden River area

Old 06-13-2009, 12:45 PM

84 posts, read 338,753 times
The commute from Sarasota to Riverview would be about 45 minutes each way on I-75. It's not a bad highway commute either, as once you get north of Ellenton, it's very rural, and virtually no traffic jams exist. As Peter mentioned, there are many communities between Sarasota and Riverview, that might accomodate you.

Lakewood Ranch is an excellent choice, but Peter mentioned they are more cookie cutter in nature, but that's because it's a newer development, with more amenities being added all the time. Eastern Manatee County might also be a possibility, as that area of Bradenton does not have the problems that central Bradenton seems to have. Personally, I love many of the communities that are in eastern Manatee County, but most of these are east of Lockwood Ridge Rd.

Even Ellenton and Parrish which is almost right between the 2 cities has some nice newer developments. The commute for each of you would be about 25-30 minutes to Sarasota and Riverview respectively. I don't know how the school districts are in Manatee County though.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:32 PM

89 posts, read 266,656 times
Default Thank you...

I truly find your opinions so helpful. I could handle 45 minutes easily If anyone knows about Manatee County schools your help would be greatly appreciated...

Old 06-13-2009, 10:14 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,431,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsky778 View Post
I truly find your opinions so helpful. I could handle 45 minutes easily If anyone knows about Manatee County schools your help would be greatly appreciated...
You can go here http://schoolgrades.fldoe.org/default.asp or here http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/go/FL to get information and opinions on the local schools. I've heard good things about the Lakewood Ranch Schools-Braden River Elementary and Middle and Lakewood Ranch High.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 AM

6,103 posts, read 14,093,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsky778 View Post
A lot depends on what kind of car you drive, and what the price of gas is.
A long drive can be pretty stressful, and takes away from your quality of life and the time you can spend with your family.

When I did it I used the time to plan my day in the morning and sometimes unwind on my way home. It makes a short run in kinda difficult if you have a few minutes worth of things you want to do.

You should ask SoFLGal what kinda car she and her mother have, because they always cut 20 minutes off any trip! Its a secret how they do it though, but it involves getting pulled over occasionally! - Be kind SoFLGal with any reply!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:49 AM

7,511 posts, read 21,431,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
A lot depends on what kind of car you drive, and what the price of gas is.
A long drive can be pretty stressful, and takes away from your quality of life and the time you can spend with your family.

When I did it I used the time to plan my day in the morning and sometimes unwind on my way home. It makes a short run in kinda difficult if you have a few minutes worth of things you want to do.

You should ask SoFLGal what kinda car she and her mother have, because they always cut 20 minutes off any trip! Its a secret how they do it though, but it involves getting pulled over occasionally! - Be kind SoFLGal with any reply!
Haha! Aren't you the jokester this morning! How'd I get painted with the same brush as my mom? I was clearly not the one driving. I just know all the short cuts to shave off some time It's always an adventure going out with the Moore Team
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area