Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:36 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,821,246 times

Advertisements

We kept Wachovia because it had branches in our northern state and Florida when we were part-timers here. The people are great and we also use 5th3rd Bank, also wonderful people and great moneymarket rates (better than Wachovia).

BTW Wachovia was bought by Wells Fargo so name may change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 PM

19 posts, read 57,409 times
Thanks for all of your great advice, as always!

Too funny that BOA has a site dedicted to trashing them! Come to think of it, I'm not particularly pleased with my credit card through them.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 AM

262 posts, read 821,903 times
many banks have sites that bash them. Not uncommon

Old 07-01-2009, 09:32 AM

4,892 posts, read 14,087,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmichellec View Post
Thanks for all of your great advice, as always!

Too funny that BOA has a site dedicted to trashing them! Come to think of it, I'm not particularly pleased with my credit card through them.
LOL! My mom just called the other night to tell me BOA raised her interest rate...I had to explain that in the fine print, up until July 2010 they can do whatever they want.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,837,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
LOL! My mom just called the other night to tell me BOA raised her interest rate...I had to explain that in the fine print, up until July 2010 they can do whatever they want.
Yes & no. If you have an offer that states specific dates, they have to honor it unless you violate the terms.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:44 PM

4,892 posts, read 14,087,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes & no. If you have an offer that states specific dates, they have to honor it unless you violate the terms.
I've read that there are certain people who switched over their debt to lower rate cards & then had the rates jump without missing payments or any violations...go figure?

When my small print says, "we can raise your rates for any reason whatsoever" I believe them now.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,837,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I've read that there are certain people who switched over their debt to lower rate cards & then had the rates jump without missing payments or any violations...go figure?

When my small print says, "we can raise your rates for any reason whatsoever" I believe them now.
Yes, you're right. I was talking about if it doesn't say that in the fine print. Since the OP is asking for a bank in Venice, I don't want a moderator to scold me for going off topic, but I'll elaborate. Maybe it will help someone. I think I mentioned this once before in another forum. I had a 0% offer, no fees, from Chase. This applied to all transfer balances and purchases for 18 months if I applied for their Freedom Card. It specifically stated "no balance transfer fee." After a few months I transferred a balance and was charge 3%. I called the 800 number on my card and she explained that the "no fee" only applied to balance transfers made at the time of application. I challenged her to show me where that was stated, even in the fine print. I offered to fax her the offer I received in the mail. She put me on hold and when she came back, she told me she'd waive the 3% fee "this time only." I got a $90 credit. That wasn't the first time either. Many years ago I fought Discover because a telemarketer lied to me about an offer. Instead of 0% I was charged 21%. I finally got every penny in interest back, but it took some effort. That's why I don't like doing business by phone.

Anyway, that's what I meant. After a special offer ends, then they can adjust your rate, sort of like the "A" in ARM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area