Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 08:02 PM

209 posts, read 450,267 times

Advertisements

Just thought I would post a review for anyone considering a condo rental on the beach. We rented a one story 2-2 detached villa for 5 nights. I think we paid about $185 +/- averaging the rates together.

I took the wife and 2 kids and we all liked it a lot. It had a full size kitchen and a screened in patio area. Also, a TV in each room. Great for families or just a quiet place to stay for a couple. The beach was just a short walk and the whole place was very clean. I am not very tech minded, but will try to post a pic or two. But if that doesn't work the web site is Vacation Rentals on the Gulf of Mexico.

Bottom Line: very spacious, beautiful beach and good value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,827,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222muchcoffee View Post
Just thought I would post a review for anyone considering a condo rental on the beach. We rented a one story 2-2 detached villa for 5 nights. I think we paid about $185 +/- averaging the rates together.

I took the wife and 2 kids and we all liked it a lot. It had a full size kitchen and a screened in patio area. Also, a TV in each room. Great for families or just a quiet place to stay for a couple. The beach was just a short walk and the whole place was very clean. I am not very tech minded, but will try to post a pic or two. But if that doesn't work the web site is Vacation Rentals on the Gulf of Mexico.

Bottom Line: very spacious, beautiful beach and good value.
I'll second his opinion. They are great little villa's, close to the beach, they appeared to be pretty clean. I stopped in to pick up Mr & Mrs Coffee and checked them out. I'd surely recommend them to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Sarasota/Siesta area.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 AM

529 posts, read 1,002,148 times
We used to stay at Island House back in the '80s in both the villas and the beachfront condos. Nice place. I spent many a day playing bumper pool in the rec room by the swimming pool. We also used to stay next door at Horizons West back in the '70s and they offer villas very similar to IH except they have 2 week min rentals.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:35 PM

3 posts, read 5,090 times
Anyone have contact number for this place?

Old 01-04-2016, 12:26 PM

655 posts, read 1,120,930 times
We have stayed at Island House every year for the last 10 years. My whole family rents out several units (villas and condos) every October. We absolutely love the place. It is perfectly situated, the units are well kept, the beach is outstanding, the pool and pool area are lovely, and the management is always there to help out. My sister even got married there on the beach.

They have just remodeled the area between the condo garages and added a beautiful grilling and eating area. We used it for a family cookout one night and it was fantastic!

There are four pricing structures based on the time of year.....Aug to Dec 15 is the cheapest of course. But they often have discounts (we usually get 10 % off when we ask) so just ask if they have any offers going when you book your unit. We usually only pay around a $1000 for a Saturday to Saturday stay in a villa in Oct. You just can't beat that price for a week's vacation for a family of 4.

The only caution that I have is that these units are all individually owned and some are way more updated than others. It pays to go on the website and look at the unit pictures so you have an idea of what you are getting and you can make better choices. There are a couple of units that I definitely will not stay in again until they have been updated.

Home
(877) 349 6101
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area