Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 AM

3 posts, read 50,089 times

Advertisements

It is interesting how those who do not live in Palmetto tend to talk it down. I grew up, live in West Palmetto for over 50 years never had any problems. Anything north of the River newspaper always says Palmetto and it is not Palmetto.
In fact, one person who used to live in Bradenton and nows lives in Palmetto saw us one day when we were walking. He said, I heard all this stuff about Palmetto over the years I only wished I have move over years ago. So quiet in the West Palmetto area. Places to walk, fish, boat, Island park near by and lots of other specials things "Non Locals" do not realize is in this community.
School of the Arts is a good school, family members went there. Palmetto puts on many celebrations each year, just finished the 4th of July... No other city did anything except the Anna Maria Island community.
City limits in Palmetto is only 4 square miles..
We invite you down to join our friendly little city...

Woodshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida1471 View Post
We are thinking of moving to Palmetto, FL. My husband is applying for a job in Palmetto. We want to live in the town where he works so he will not have to drive very far to work. He now drives about hour to work. So I would like to know any pros and/or cons about Palmetto. We want to be near the beach, shopping, leisure activities, etc. We have 2 kids that attend a virtual academy in Georgia and they will be able to continue that with the Florida Virtual School so schools are not really am issue. Are there bad areas in Palmetto? Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 12:55 PM

113 posts, read 343,127 times
I don't think all of Palmetto is bad. We were looking to buy on the east side of US-41 and there are some nice neighborhoods like Fresh Meadows, Parkside, Woodlawn Lakes. Also you can look in Ellenton which is close to Palmetto, and also Parrish. We're buying a townhouse in Parrish. They are only 3 bedrooms though but they are under $160,000. Just a thought.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:47 AM

2 posts, read 33,444 times
What about Amberwynd on Snead Island -- looks good to me.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 33,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodshack View Post
It is interesting how those who do not live in Palmetto tend to talk it down. I grew up, live in West Palmetto for over 50 years never had any problems. Anything north of the River newspaper always says Palmetto and it is not Palmetto.
In fact, one person who used to live in Bradenton and nows lives in Palmetto saw us one day when we were walking. He said, I heard all this stuff about Palmetto over the years I only wished I have move over years ago. So quiet in the West Palmetto area. Places to walk, fish, boat, Island park near by and lots of other specials things "Non Locals" do not realize is in this community.
School of the Arts is a good school, family members went there. Palmetto puts on many celebrations each year, just finished the 4th of July... No other city did anything except the Anna Maria Island community.
City limits in Palmetto is only 4 square miles..
We invite you down to join our friendly little city...

Woodshack

Are you familiar with Amberwynd? Tell me what you know.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:40 PM

118 posts, read 275,992 times
Amberwynd is beautiful, but WAY out of the price range the OP is looking at.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:50 AM

Default Amberwynd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCgulf View Post
Are you familiar with Amberwynd? Tell me what you know.
Amberwynd, Very nice restricted area to live on Sneads Island. Located next to Emerson Park...Bradenton Yacht Club near by. Out of the way from busy traffic.. north of it Tampa Bay, South of it Manatee River, West of it Gulf of Mexico... Only way to reach it is from the East using 10th Street through Palmetto... Think you would enjoy it..

Old 07-25-2009, 06:54 AM

Palmetto Update: As a was leaving one of the local restaurants in Palmetto this morning.. Had to wait at one of the stop lights while the large group of bicyle riders (they come down from Tampa and St. Pete) were riding through our little City. They use the streets (City has marked them for these bicyle routes) to ride to Emmerson Point and back through the city. Many citizens do this also...great bike trails... Another little secret about our City...

Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 16,618 times
Does anyone have any opinions on Twin Rivers in Parrish?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 PM

1 posts, read 16,602 times
Default Snowbird is not a dirty word

Ok, here's my deal. I am retired Navy and have a house and property in very rural Illinois about 90 miles west of Indianapolis. At 60, I just cannot stand the winters any longer they simply wear me out. My wife and I plan to lease a mobile home or a furnished condo somwhere in the Palmetto area. We want to live in Manatee County because it is centrally located to various areas that we like. I have contacted several area realitors but they do not seem to be able to direct me to anyone who rents or leases to snowbirds. Am I barking up the wrong tree as to what we want to do? Surly there are mobile homes and small condo's in the Palmetto area that has what we are looking for. I have friends that lease a 2 bedroom condo in Ft Myers for 1100 a month but Ft Myers is just too far south from where we want to be.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 16,511 times
JeffC45 - Try Colony Cove in Ellenton (next to Palmetto). I bet you'll love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area