Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 PM

28 posts, read 68,909 times

Advertisements

Hi again! My daughter was a Pop Warner cheerleader here in New Jersey and is going to be cheering in our high school next year. Do the high schools in Sarasota have competitive cheerleading squads? I know they have a Pop Warner squad - Sarasota Sundevils - because we competed in the same division as they did last year in Disney World. If the high schools don't compete does anybody know of any really good competitive all star teams in the area? Thanks!

~ Karen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 01:41 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarGaro View Post
Hi again! My daughter was a Pop Warner cheerleader here in New Jersey and is going to be cheering in our high school next year. Do the high schools in Sarasota have competitive cheerleading squads? I know they have a Pop Warner squad - Sarasota Sundevils - because we competed in the same division as they did last year in Disney World. If the high schools don't compete does anybody know of any really good competitive all star teams in the area? Thanks!

~ Karen
Those cheerleading competitions are awesome! My neice did that up in Western New York. I went to one with her, and was shocked at how much fun they are! I thought I was walking into a major sporting event. The teams were shouting cheer/chant/taunts at each other across the gym. It was really cool!

They had all the awards, and trophies, ribbons and everything as if you went to a major championship tournement for any other major sporting event.

Sorry, I can't help you with any information about what is going on as far as teams or anything. I just wanted to mention I was impressed with how much fun it was. If not for her, I probably would never have experienced how much fun that was.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:18 PM

It is so much fun! My daughter has been cheering since first grade. Our town is very big into it and my daughter's team has been national champions for four years. It was ALOT of time and ALOT of money but she loved it and so did we! This was her last year of Pop Warner and she is going to do high school. She is not at all thrilled about moving next year so I'm hoping to find out some info to pass on to her.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:07 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarGaro View Post

~ Karen
Yes, I believe all of the high schools (except for Pine View School) have cheer leading and most are competitive. What high school were you thinking of sending her to? Here's the link for Riverview's cheer leading: RHS Cheerleaders

I cheered for Pop Warner as a kid and it was a ton of fun-loved it

Old 07-17-2009, 07:01 PM

Thank you! When we figure out exactly where we are going to live I'll contact the school and the cheering coach. If they compete my daughter will be happy - she might still want to do all stars so we'll look around when we get down there.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:39 PM

164 posts, read 383,280 times
cheering at a new high school after her squad was national champs, sounds like a sequel to " Bring it On "

My 10 yr old daughter will be cheering on NP Mustangs starting Aug.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 AM

3 posts, read 11,076 times
Hi! I know it's a little late to contact you all, but I'm searching on internet on schools in Sarasota with cheerleading. I'm from Denmark Europe and moving to Sarasota for a half semester (aug. 2010). I cheer here in Denmark and I want to experience cheerleading in the US Anyone who can suggest a great high school in Sarasota with cheer? (:

Old 11-11-2009, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,758 times
you need to check out Funtastics ([url=http://funtasticsflyers.com/]Funtastics Flyers[/url]) on Ashton. They have an amazing competitive squad - National Titles etc. My daughter cheered there and loved it. Even if its to keep your daughter's tumbling skills current until she gets on a high school squad. The coaches are awesome.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 11,076 times
Thanks! but yeah, i'm not that good a tumbler because we couldn't find a tumbling trainer :/
but thanks for the good advice. I will for sure check this out!

Old 11-13-2009, 02:40 PM

Thanks for this info! When we move down we will definately check this out! I'm still hoping that the high school that my daughter winds up in has a competitive team so that she can get to know kids in her school!

Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugLabLovers View Post
you need to check out Funtastics (Funtastics Flyers) on Ashton. They have an amazing competitive squad - National Titles etc. My daughter cheered there and loved it. Even if its to keep your daughter's tumbling skills current until she gets on a high school squad. The coaches are awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area