Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:23 PM

3 posts, read 6,323 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am bring my mom down to Sarasota for a vacation in October.
My friend and I want to do some bargin shopping and would like to know
if anyone can tell me little secret bargin place,
We have a place here (western mass) called Final Markdown which has all kinds of great buys. Things that you need to buy right then because they won't have them again. They sell 3 greeting cards for on dollar. Kind of like a closeout store. Thats the kind of place I'm looking for. Any suggestions?
Thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:37 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsmom85 View Post
Hi
We have a place here (western mass) called Final Markdown which has all kinds of great buys. Things that you need to buy right then because they won't have them again. They sell 3 greeting cards for on dollar. Kind of like a closeout store. Thats the kind of place I'm looking for. Any suggestions?
Thanks Linda
Hi Linda,
Welcome to the board. You will have a wonderful vacation in October! It is a great time to come down, kick back, relax, and let some waves wash the powdery white sand off you're feet!

You ought to bring a few buck to spend, because there are plenty of deals in SWFL right now. Businesses can't wait for you to come down. I'm a big looker, not a big shopper, so I can't help you too much. I'll leave that to some of my more shopper skilled friends who will be along soon to help you there. All I can say is things are more affordable in SWFL than in Mass right now.

Have a great trip!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
speaking of powdery white sand on your feet, have you ever noticed that everybody's feet look better with sand on them???
mrs.cool

Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 PM

60 posts, read 60,007 times
I don't know if it is what you're looking for, but there is a huge outlet mall in Ellenton off of I-75. It's about 30-45 minutes out of Sarasota. They have some pretty nice stores. Be prepared to walk a lot though.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:15 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
You'd be amazed what you can find at the Salvation Army & Goodwill Stores. Yes, business is hurting all over & great buys abound...

My friends & I hit up garage/estate sales during the weekends. My friend bought a bronze mermaid statue a few weekends ago at an estate sale for $250. Before you fall off your chair, let me tell you more. The mermaid is almost 4 ft. tall. We figured the price was going to be at least $500, if not more. When told the price, I told my friend to pay the owner & take the statue; run as fast as he could. We later found the same statue, the same day, while poking around in a very famous resale shop, right downtown, for $500...just 12 inches tall......I knew he was getting a steal and would have bought it myself if I did not have my own mermaid piece going on...now, yes, he might have to eat ramon noodles for a month, but he loves it and he never needs to buy another piece of art in the world...

Moral of the story:

You never know what you're going to find!

Old 08-21-2009, 09:32 AM

8,037 posts, read 4,631,899 times
***** For bargain groceries I recommend Sav-A-Lot stores. For general merchandise bargains I recommend Dollar General, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree and Big Lots. For items such as appliances and home improvement etc. try Walmart and Home Depot.*****

Old 08-21-2009, 10:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsmom85 View Post
Hi
Thanks Linda
You need to visit the Bealls Outlet in South Sarasota, or it may be Nokomis. It's on Tamiami Trail just N of Blackburn Pt Rd. It's a huge store with racks and racks of bargains. All items are 70% off. Then they have some special items that have additional markdowns. They had a Memorial Day sale that was an Extra 50% off all items, in addition to the always 70% off! I bought 35 items for a little over $100. Tops, slacks, purses, home decor, costume jewelry, shoes.... This is not the usual Bealls Outlet, it's like the clearance center for all the Bealls outlet. I stop in everytime I'm on my way to Venice. It's like a magnet, I can't drive by without being drawn in. Happy Shopping, Enjoy!

Janice

Old 08-22-2009, 07:24 AM

69 posts, read 271,886 times
Bargain hunters want to know, Janice, is it the Beall's Outlet, 8240 S Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, FL; or Beall's Outlet, 1065 Tamiami Trl N, Nokomis, FL ?? We'll be down in mid-September and have a list of all kinds of things to buy!
Marcia

Old 08-22-2009, 08:38 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
I like Marshall's in Port Charlotte or TJMaxx in Sarasota for clothes, etc. Also, in downtown Sarasota I love to go browse the thrift stores-The Women's Exchange is usually pretty good. Downtown Venice has a few good stores as well.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:27 PM

3 posts, read 6,323 times
thanks for the info, I will hit alot of the goodwills and other thrift stores, last March I found a lot of things there. I will also go to the Beall Outlet.
Last March we went to a church tag sale and it was amazing.
By the way I think I saw that mermaid at the shop in the window I loved it. A 4ft one would be a little hard to get home on the plane. LOL
But I just love a bargin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area