Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,663,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow girl View Post
It is so cold here today and my kids can't wait to get down there where they can play out year round. We may have to turn the heat on if it keeps getting so cold at night. We have a big Fall Festival here next week so hope it warms up a little for that. Won't be long..... Does anybody know of any cool stuff going on for Halloween in that area (not spook houses because my little boy is still scared of those)? I want them to have a good time on their first Halloween away from home.
The FL Railroad Museum in Parrish Welcome to the Florida Railroad Museum has a "Pumpkin Patch Express" that's good for the younger kids (and even the older ones!). I would advise getting tickets on line, and getting to the station early though, as it is generally very full.

The Seminole Gulf Railway in Ft Myers does similar trips as well: http://www.semgulf.com/daytime-excursions.htm (broken link)

Old 10-02-2009, 01:33 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
After looking at some of your 500+ pages of posts, it's obvious would be miserable anywhere you live. You've got posts on every conceivable board, even in towns you have never claimed to live in so you've obviously got waaaaay too much time on your hands.

I didn't cry "rude" when you called Floridians "ignorant, subculture, Jerry Springer crowd, racist, and different breed". You couldn't refute FACTS with facts so you start crying about being offended.

As someone told you on the L.I. board: If you don't like it here...........move!!!
If you have time to look at that many posts I think you have too much time on your hands....LOL.

Gee I didn't realize I posted on every board, does the US only have 3 states now....LOL.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 PM

519 posts, read 1,377,368 times
We finally broke down and turned on the furnace tonight. It was 61 on the main level of the house, which means it was even colder upstairs! I just couldn't bear the thought of taking off my
coat (I was wearing it when I started supper) and going to take a shower

we did to, its been in the 50s here last few days and got 32 last night, shivering just thinking about it. lol

Old 10-02-2009, 04:00 PM

159 posts, read 461,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
We finally broke down and turned on the furnace tonight. It was 61 on the main level of the house, which means it was even colder upstairs! I just couldn't bear the thought of taking off my
coat (I was wearing it when I started supper) and going to take a shower

we did to, its been in the 50s here last few days and got 32 last night, shivering just thinking about it. lol
Just wondering where you live to be that cold. I'm in Indiana and it was in the 40's last night.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Just wondering where you live to be that cold. I'm in Indiana and it was in the 40's last night.
I am in the upper northwest corner, we actully had frost warnings. Actually I guess it was the night before, and last night I think it was in the 40s.
Are u having any luck yet?

Old 10-02-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I am in the upper northwest corner, we actully had frost warnings. Actually I guess it was the night before, and last night I think it was in the 40s.
Are u having any luck yet?
In the northern part of Florida? Wow that's cold for this time of year. Glad I didn't take the job in Pensacola. I leave Indiana on the 20th of this month and head to Fort Myers. Can't wait.. I absolutely hate cold weather.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
In the northern part of Florida? Wow that's cold for this time of year. Glad I didn't take the job in Pensacola. I leave Indiana on the 20th of this month and head to Fort Myers. Can't wait.. I absolutely hate cold weather.
LOL, no I live in Ohio. So happy u get to move. I bet you are so excited.
I know I would be. I hate cold weather to. Burrrr.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
LOL, no I live in Ohio. So happy u get to move. I bet you are so excited.
I know I would be. I hate cold weather to. Burrrr.
Well that makes more sense. I know it gets cold in Pensacola but didn't think that cold this early! I thought you lived in Florida because of your sign in name is amyflorida. I am excited but nervous too.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:58 PM

105 posts, read 186,409 times
Quote:
Rainbow Girl! It was really cold here in Fishers too! I can't stand it! I had to turn on the furnace and put on sweats to keep warm! Ugghhh! But, I'm still wearing sandals because I just got a pedicure today! LOL!

Old 10-02-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson5077 View Post
Rainbow Girl! It was really cold here in Fishers too! I can't stand it! I had to turn on the furnace and put on sweats to keep warm! Ugghhh! But, I'm still wearing sandals because I just got a pedicure today! LOL!
Ha Ha! I know what you mean. My daughter runs around in shorts and boots. Go figure. I can't wait to feel that sun on my face when I get there. My top on my Mustang is ready to come back down too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area