Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 07:51 PM

99 posts, read 390,455 times

Advertisements

Need to purchase 70's clothing mens and womens for a birthday party. Any idea in Bradenton or Sarasota where I can go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 08:39 PM

37 posts, read 131,141 times
I've always had good luck getting goofy clothes for parties at thrift shops or consignment shops. In fact, I got clothes once for a 70s party. There's a large goodwill on State Route 70 just before you get to I-75 on the right from what I remember.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:45 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam9 View Post
Need to purchase 70's clothing mens and womens for a birthday party. Any idea in Bradenton or Sarasota where I can go.
Salvation Army on 17th St and the other one on 10th St, Goodwill on Lockwood Ridge, Tamiami Tr, Bee Ridge, Fruitville or University Pkwy, The Womens Exchange-downtown on Orange or the St Vincent De Paul thrift shop and Fabulous Finds across the street from the Women's Exchange, SPARCC Treasure Chest and 3rd St Rag on Fruitville and there's a bunch of them on Fruitville. You could just go right down the line. There's Laura Jean's on Tuttle.

In Bradenton you would have The Budget Box on 42nd St, Goodwill on State Rd 64 and Cortez. St Vincent De Paul, Trinity Thrift and Worth Repeating are on Manatee Ave.

You might also want to check out EBay. I buy a lot of stuff from there and you can usually find funky unusual things on EBay. Here ya go: http://cgi.ebay.com/Funky-Retro-Halt...d=p3286.c0.m14 Totally Marcia Brady!

Well, that's all of I can think of right now.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 09-17-2009 at 08:55 PM..

Old 09-17-2009, 11:31 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
Marcia Brady ohhhhhh dear Ms SFG. wait till next party time - it might be disco nite -studio 54 relived - you did see me and Graham dancing ???????????????

Old 09-18-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Marcia Brady ohhhhhh dear Ms SFG. wait till next party time - it might be disco nite -studio 54 relived - you did see me and Graham dancing ???????????????
Ummm...I think I left before it got that risqué! Haha! Yeah let's do a disco party-Groovy man

Old 09-18-2009, 08:17 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam9 View Post
Also, try the Cubby Hole on Bahia Vista & 41 in Sarasota, right next to the Amscot.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:52 AM

I've never heard of the Cubby Hole. I'll have to check it out.

OK, I've got it now. Do this dress: http://cgi.ebay.com/Funky-Retro-Halt...d=p3286.c0.m14 but cut it up to a mini. Then buy these boots: Funky Powder Blue Go-go 60s 70s Costume Boots - eBay (item 220481038457 end time Oct-14-09 20:05:35 PDT) Then throw your hair in a beehive, get some plastic necklaces and big sunglasses and you'll be set.

Or this with the blue boots: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-60s-70s-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Or you could get really crazy and wear this with the blue boots: http://cgi.ebay.com/Go-Sexy-Vintage-...d=p3286.c0.m14 and you could ditch the beehive idea and go with a think headband.

For your guy I would go with a polyester opened up and a bunch of gold chains and some bell bottoms or a ringer shirt http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-70s-LG-F...d=p3286.c0.m14
http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-70s-OSCAR-PS...d=p3286.c0.m14
http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-70s-JOEL...d=p3286.c0.m14

Ok, I'm having way to much fun with this---back to work.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 09-18-2009 at 09:10 AM..

Old 09-18-2009, 04:25 PM

99 posts, read 390,455 times
Thanks guys. I'll need to go shopping this weekend.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:14 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Default Wanta hear a funny story?

If people know me I always play fun humorous little jokes and pranks. So if you want to be my friend you kinda have to be ready for me - cuz there isn't much you can do about me. - I'm way too hard headed!

I like them to be a little elaborate - sometimes. Sometimes I think I should write for that show 'Punked'.

I have a friend of mine - actually several hundred. But, this one guy was my best man, and he wrote on the bottom of my shoes "Help Me" one word on the bottom each shoe, so when I knelt down in my wedding, everyone could see it. They Used White Shoe Polish and since I have big feet, it would be easy to read from all the pews in the church. LOL Pretty funny huh! Well if you know me, things will never end if you do that to me, and he knew it! ;-)

So when it was his turn to get married I plotted. The day of his wedding I went to the Salvation Army and got a 70 style, plaid sport jacket, and some bright green pants, with suspenders, and some old beat-up high top shoes, and some plaid socks, and a pedora hat. A friend of mine and I went by his house and while he was in getting his shower we exchanged his Tuxedo with the new wedding gear we bought him, and then we left. He kept his bag with him all the time, and felt like he was safe from my glorious humor!

So we drove around town, showing the beautiful Tuxedo to all our friends! And had a lot of laughs all along the way!! He tried to call our cell phone starting about 20 minutes before he was to arrive at the church. We of course didn't answer for the first 10 minutes! He was stunned, panic'd, he didn't know what to do! Go to the Church, don't go? Where were we with his tux! Would we go to his house, when he was at the church? What!!!! Man, he was freaking!!! All of our friends were watching every move he made, and we were at the church will the whole wedding party (just some family members - he too has a milliion friends and it was a huge wedding!) So we had all the intelligence we needed - our plan was flawless! He knew he was had! And, as smart and clever as he is, he actually showed up in his wedding outfit we bought him, and walked down the Isle when he got to the church, and said 'hi' to everyone - the whole church was laughing and having a great chuckle over my joke - I'm kinda famous for all the crap I pulled as a kid!
So he finally gets to the changing room, puts on his Tux that was waiting there for him, has a beautiful, fantastic, wonderful wedding - and has some terrific memories of it all too! At the reception, he changed from his Tux into the weddding suit we bought him, and we all danced and drank all night long. - Oh, I almost for got the bow tie we got for him too!

I have played various versions of this out with my brother, and some of my other friends too! Because, they all thought I could never get away with it with them! My brother locked his tux in the trunk of his car, and thought he was soooo protected. Unfortunately I stole his keys, and when he found his tux - minutes before his wedding. He thought the tuxedo store switched his bag! He had no clue that I still made the switch! He was going to drive an hour away, and asked me to tell everyone at the church he was going to be late, but he was definitely coming! LOL Don't worry about me! He's my brother - he has to love me - no matter what I do! - I was his best man!

Anyway the 70's clothes thread reminded me of a couple of my pranks!
So, my cd friends - beware!

Hey, this story is not intended to give any of you guys any ideas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area