U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:20 AM
Pye Pye started this thread

67 posts, read 174,517 times

Advertisements

Could anybody give me any information about a home I found for a short sale in Sarasota, address 1662 Anchorage St?

How much cheaper than the quoted price is it possible to buy a house on a short sale?

Does anybody know anything about the neighborhood, even the house itself?

Thanks very much!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 09:15 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,427,920 times
A short sale has to be approved by the bank who are owed money on it and in this market the question you ask is similar to
how long is a piece of string
get a good negotiating team on your side including an atty / title company who are experienced in short sales
If you need a name dm me

Old 09-27-2009, 09:51 AM

7,511 posts, read 21,329,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pye View Post
Could anybody give me any information about a home I found for a short sale in Sarasota, address 1662 Anchorage St?

How much cheaper than the quoted price is it possible to buy a house on a short sale?

Thanks very much!
This home was built by John Cannon who is a well respected builder in the area. The neighborhood has many homes similar to this home you listed. This neighborhood is known as Enchanted Isles.

We are seeing banks a lot more willing to deal with short sales lately. In fact, we have closed several in the last few months. The best way to find out what the bank will accept for an offer if to have a Realtor run comparable properties so you know what has sold in the neighborhood and for how much. This is the same data that the banks will be looking at to determine what to accept.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:50 AM

268 posts, read 1,016,621 times
Quote:

Thanks very much!

The realtor may have already run comps (at least mine had) to show the bank. And, you can get the county's opinion of what it's worth here: Search Real Property See the "Just (Market) Value."
You can see what it sold for last and when, too, as well as all your new neighbors'.

Good luck.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:32 PM

917 posts, read 2,431,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
The realtor may have already run comps (at least mine had) to show the bank. And, you can get the county's opinion of what it's worth here: Search Real Property See the "Just (Market) Value."
You can see what it sold for last and when, too, as well as all your new neighbors'.

Good luck.
Great tip, I wonder how many people take advantage of the online info at the appraisers office?

Old 09-27-2009, 12:55 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Old 09-27-2009, 01:19 PM

6,864 posts, read 10,746,787 times
You can also check sales of surrounding homes of a home that interests you by using myfloridahomesmls.com Click on the listing that you have interest, scroll down to market analysis and click. 12 sales will appear. Homes not comparable i.e different sub-division can be deleted to get a better average price.
You can also see the exact location of a home a SCgov.net Click map link, on right side click look up.
Want to see property taxes [resident/snowbird-rental]exemptions, non-ad valorem [am't CDD if any] go to sarasotataxcollector.com
In Charlotte Co. use ccgis.com [better than Sarasota sites]

Old 09-29-2009, 12:04 AM

33,235 posts, read 52,576,364 times
isn't it possible that the house itself could have some individual aspects that would influence price--even though it is a short sale--
how would you find out if you have not done a viewing--
do short sales allow for inspections--because there is no negotiation for repairs after inspection--correct?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:20 AM

Is there anywhere online you can check how long a house has been on the market (and at what price/s)?

Thanks.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 PM

7,511 posts, read 21,329,988 times
Quote:
Is there anywhere online you can check how long a house has been on the market (and at what price/s)?

Thanks.
I haven't heard of any website that does that other than the Realtor side of the MLS. We can see how long a house has been on, the price drops and various other times it has sold.

It would be interesting to know if there is another website that has that info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area