Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 AM

519 posts, read 1,377,499 times

Advertisements

Ok my husband has a head hunter working for us now, so this move could take place some time this century. LOL
I know that we want to be on the gulf side for sure, SoFlGal has been amazing at helping me with alot of things, even offering to mentor me in real esate. I have also talked with her about North Port, it sounds really nice, although I am kind of thinking we might want to be closer to the ocean, so when we aren't working we can take daily walks along the beach or swim daily if we would like, I am not sure how far North Port is from the ocean, I think 20 minutes or so. I guess I what I am wondering is anything closer to the ocean still in the same GOOD school districs? We most definatly want to rent a house as well, test the waters of course before diving in head 1st. That way if their is an area we don't like we still have options. SoFlaGal, Big House, The Sunshines, Zarazota, the Cools, and so many other I thank you for all of your help, and Big House I don't care what anyone thinks about you, we think your great.
Just send some ideas on where a good school system is, safe area with 2 kids, closer to the ocean. Oh and this mama gained a couple of pounds this winter/summer so I need to know where to go work out.?
Thanks Amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
We don't have the ocean here, it's the Gulf.

If you want easy access in SRQ, you'd want to rent within 2 miles west of either Siesta Key or Lido. Good schools as far as I've heard.

I"m not familiar with the Osprey/Venice/North Port gulf access.

If you want a great gym, find a YMCA.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Ok my husband has a head hunter working for us now, so this move could take place some time this century. LOL
I know that we want to be on the gulf side for sure, SoFlGal has been amazing at helping me with alot of things, even offering to mentor me in real esate. I have also talked with her about North Port, it sounds really nice, although I am kind of thinking we might want to be closer to the ocean, so when we aren't working we can take daily walks along the beach or swim daily if we would like, I am not sure how far North Port is from the ocean, I think 20 minutes or so. I guess I what I am wondering is anything closer to the ocean still in the same GOOD school districs? We most definatly want to rent a house as well, test the waters of course before diving in head 1st. That way if their is an area we don't like we still have options. SoFlaGal, Big House, The Sunshines, Zarazota, the Cools, and so many other I thank you for all of your help, and Big House I don't care what anyone thinks about you, we think your great.
Just send some ideas on where a good school system is, safe area with 2 kids, closer to the ocean. Oh and this mama gained a couple of pounds this winter/summer so I need to know where to go work out.?
Thanks Amy

Hi Amy!
The Gulf of Mexico is not refered to as "the ocean". That is over on the east coast. Depending on where you are located in NP it can be 20 minutes or so to the Beach, and the Beaches are incredibly beautiful, and in a few more minutes you have several beaches to choose from.

Oh, and if you keep complimenting me, you're opening the door for me to begin flirting with you! (Because I feel complimenting women is being flirtatious - that really about as far as it goes with me). Despite both of us being married - I will compliment/flirt with you! LOL.

I'm sure you guys will be down in no time! Since you are looking for a career in real estate - a tough occupation in Florida, have you looked into being able to take any classes on-line. I don't know if they have anything reciprical with ReMax and other States, maybe you could gain some grown there while you're planning. If you are going into real estate in Florida, you have picked a great person to work with, because she really knows here stuff, the areas, the schools, who to turn to for inspections, insurance, lending - the whole package! I think you guys would get along very well!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 AM

53 posts, read 138,319 times
The YMCA in Palmer Ranch is AWESOME! Great gym, great water park for the kids

Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 AM

913 posts, read 2,362,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hi Amy!
The Gulf of Mexico is not refered to as "the ocean".
Not to get nit-picky but it actually is part of the Atlantic Ocean.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:12 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davery5872 View Post
Not to get nit-picky but it actually is part of the Atlantic Ocean.
Good Point! I was just making a clarification.

All the oceans are connected. I have never seen it referred to as part of the Atlantic Ocean - although technically you may be right. However, even NOAA makes a separate distinction between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico. I was just making a point that those in Southwest Florida refer to it as the Gulf, not the Ocean. Although, that may not be 100% true all the time. I think that when most people reference the Ocean Beach they are talking about the East and South East side of the State, when they talk about the Gulf Beaches then they are definitely talking about the West side of the State.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:46 PM

I guess I know its the gulf, however I live in a bean/corn field, we have a pond but it doesn't really count. So anything that has salt seems like ocean to us. LOL
Thanks LWAF, I wrote this so I could copy everything and keep it in a folder once we get moved.
Thanks Big House you have been extremely helpfull.
As far as real estate schools, I was gonna sign up for one here in Ohio till DH got an email about this job, so then I think I might wait a bit and if nothing happens soon, I will go here and get that part done.
JesseS you have been extremely helpful also, maybe once or if we get their I will have some work out buddies???Thank you.
Big House my husband and I are really laid back, relaxed kind of people, so compliment/flirt away.
We believe that life is way to short to lead a miserable life. And believe that life is what you make it. Which is another reason for this move, we are only young once, so for the possiblities of us both having great opportunities is amazing, and my kids are sooooo on board, our whole family loves the water so obviously this is a good choice for us. Thanks again, everyone.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:20 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Thanks Amy
Thanks Amy! NP is about 30 minutes from the beaches. If you wanted to be a little closer than you could go a little farther north. Maybe south Venice area, if you wanted to keep the costs down and still be close to the beach. Palmer Ranch, specifically Turtle Rock, Stonebridge and The Hamptons are usually a safe bet for the type of neighborhood you're looking for. That would be the Ashton Elementary school district. You can see how the state rates the schools here: School Accountability Report... and check out opinions on this site: GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

According to the state of Florida the top 11 schools in Sarasota county are (in order):

Pine View School for the Gifted
Southside
Venice
Ashton
Cranberry
Taylor Ranch
Lakeview
Gulf Gate
Garden
Laurel Nokomis
Tatum Ridge

Old 10-08-2009, 04:48 PM

SoFlGal this is soooo what I was looking for Thank you soooo much!!!
As always you are so giftedly helpful.!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area