Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:43 PM

53 posts, read 138,303 times

Advertisements

Lets get even more specific, the best street. Were looking for the best street, with the best neighbors, lots of kids and families. Any suggestions?

Last edited by JesseS; 10-11-2009 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 03:01 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,900 times
I'll go the opposite direction! I'll take the best street with the best neighbors.
But I'll also be looking for no kids or families!

I know I have been told specifically in the past that there was two or three divisions in LWR that were geared specifically towards families and kids but I cant remember the names. I'm sure someone will chime in here with the answers you're looking for.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:24 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
I would say Greenbrook and Summferfield neighborhoods in LWR. I don't live in there so I can't recommend a specific street. Make sure that your home is thoroughly checked for Chinese Drywall. I know there have been a few stories in the paper lately stating that some of the homes in there have had CDW.

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2009, 03:42 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,900 times
Greenbrook and Summerfield is exactly what I was told when I did the LWR tour.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 AM

325 posts, read 1,020,392 times
I think the Country Club of LW is for 55+. It is gated. Greenwood I believe is all ages and I read too about Chinese drywall may be in that area too. Like SoFlGal stated, be very careful. I read certain builders used CDW. There are articles on this forum to read.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinda View Post
I think the Country Club of LW is for 55+. It is gated. Greenwood I believe is all ages and I read too about Chinese drywall may be in that area too. Like SoFlGal stated, be very careful. I read certain builders used CDW. There are articles on this forum to read.
Taylor Morrison was one of the builders that built homes with CDW in LWR. Again, not to say that all the homes built by Morrison have it but I would be very careful checking them out.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:03 PM

5 posts, read 9,692 times
There are all different neighborhoods within the Country Club at Lakewood Ranch and they are not just for 55+. The neighborhoods with larger homes tend to have more kids. I know the Wexford neighborhood has mostly retired couples, so no kids.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,584 times
Hey Jesse, I've seen you post a number of times about finding some families that are like you guys. This investigation may be another way for you to try and get that in your life. I think you need to hang around the places all over sarasota where the kids actually are a bit more. Do you go to GWIZ? The Mote Marine Aquarium? How about the concerts in the park? I'm just thinking it would be easy to strike up a conversation with another couple at some of these places without having to move entirely.

I do think it will help you to keep looking at Lakewood Ranch. My wife is fired up about seeing it someday herself. But keep in mind that once you get into a place like that, you pay for it and you live around everything that comes with it al lthe time. There might be a cliq that turns you or your wife off and then you're stuck with this big beautiful home and still no real friends. I suggest going to the movies there, maybe a restaraunt out there, and see if the people are comfortable to hang around. Don't just talk to the sales people and look on the internet... go there. Go to a football game if you can sometime at the high school. You need to experience it to decide.

Ultimately I feel you'll find your highest caliber selection at a place of worship, depending on your religion. There's usually so much to do when you're totally immersed in a congregation of other families attending the same place, it just blossoms on it's own. Hope this helps!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:18 AM

3 posts, read 5,949 times
Only ONE builder in ONE neighborhood (low-end) was involved with anything pertaining to using Chinese Drywall. Chinese Drywall is not involved in any of the area of Greenbrook from SR 70 to Lorraine Road (across the street from the elementary and middle school.) The largest lots with the highest prices are in Greenbrook Trails and Greenbrook Vistas. Gorgeous! The whole community is very family-oriented with a wonderful trail system running throughout. The newer section of Greenbrook on the other side of Lorraine Road was built in 2006 (across from the elementary and middle school.) NONE of the builders in the nicer areas of this section, the the Preserve and the Ravines being the most expensive, but with good deals and lots still available. The builder with the chinese drywall is absolutely NOT in these areas. Greenbrook Banks is more affordable and still has no drywall, just smaller floor plans. The builder with the drywall problem built in ONE section of Greenbrook only, I think it is called Greenbrook Terrace (excuse me if I have the name wrong), but it is the ONLY housing subdivision within Greenbrook that this builder built it with Chinese Drywall. Trust me...my husband is VP for a builder in Greenbrook amongst other well know places. If you want more specific answers, ask me a question and I'll get the infomration from my husband.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:28 AM

3 posts, read 5,949 times
Be sure and check a message I left for another reader. I can't speak for Summerfield, but there Greenbrook only had one builder which built in one neighborhood in 2006 with the Chinese Drywall problem. All of the other builders, which are the main builders, had no problems whatsoever. The neighborhood is across Greenbrook Blvd. from Greenbrook Banks and I think it is called Greenbrook Terraces. That is the only one affected and it is the lower end houses. smallest floorplans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area