Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 06:48 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

So, it was Big House & wife, Island Girl and me last night at Lock & Key. We had a really good time. We sat out on the deck at first but then it got cold so we moved inside. It was a really nice time. Island Girl is a real sweetheart and BH, well he's just BH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 08:18 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
It was indeed a wonderful time! These are a some really terrific people, instant friends, like we had all known each other for years! Good friends, good times!
Attached Thumbnails
Chat Thread...meetups for CD'ers-nov-09-049.jpg  

Old 12-12-2009, 08:30 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
It was indeed a wonderful time! These are a some really terrific people, instant friends, like we had all known each other for years! Good friends, good times!
OK, we had a great time too! These meet ups are a lot of fun! I is funny that it really was like we have all known each other for years. It was an easy meet-up right from the start. I was surprised that Island Mermaid had no problem picking me out of the crowd! The conversations flowed as smoothly as the beer! And it is funny how we had so much in common as well. That will show at the next meet up when we all arrive. Probably in January sometime!! Great Picture!

Old 12-12-2009, 08:41 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,722 times
Even though you are easy to spot, BH, Mermaid has a knack for picking people out. She recognized US before we even got out of the car last month!! Glad you guys had a great time, wish we had been there!!

Old 12-12-2009, 08:47 AM

That's a funny pic! Can you pick out the native Floridian with the winter parka on? Haha!

Old 12-12-2009, 09:25 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
I was just as cold but better at hiding it! I had left my jean jacket inside!

Old 12-12-2009, 04:49 PM

425 posts, read 1,104,841 times
Default SoFlaGal

whats with the winter parka?please tell me I dont have to pack that for the trip?
We will be in a week from today, is ANYONE gonna be around through the holidays?or is everyone skidatilling?
Would love to say hi to some of you,seems we keep missing each other
At least I got to meet SoFlaGalits freakin cold up here in Ct. please please please tell me it will be warmer when I get there
these old bones cant handle the cold

Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
whats with the winter parka?please tell me I dont have to pack that for the trip?
We will be in a week from today, is ANYONE gonna be around through the holidays?or is everyone skidatilling?
At least I got to meet SoFlaGalits freakin cold up here in Ct. please please please tell me it will be warmer when I get there
Hey Grandmallie,

Well, I guess I'm a big baby. Mr. & Mrs BH just had really light shirts on. Also Lock & Key is right across the street from the beach and it was pretty windy.

I won't be around from the 19th-26th. After that I'll be here. Save some snow for me, I'll be up that way next Saturday

Old 12-12-2009, 06:46 PM

383 posts, read 1,024,124 times
Guys(AND GALS) I am so sorry that I said we would show up last night and then did'nt make it! There was really no way to get out of the dinner invite with the new neighbors,and we wound up yakking and drinking beer(YUENGLING by the way) til who knows what time! cause I thought we might be able to slide over to the meet-up right after dinner, but no way. I was glad to see the pic and hear people had a pretty good time anyhow.Maybe next time

Old 12-13-2009, 06:54 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
It was a lovely evening. The last couple of days have been in the high 70s and low 80s with the evening temps in the high 60s and low 70s. What luck! Beachbum didn't make it! So it was just one guy, three ladies, and a couple Yeunglings what more could anyone ask for! LOL
It was the first time we met Island Mermaid, she is really interesting and has a terrific friendly personality. We all have outgoing, friendly personalities, and it is clear we all like people. Of course my wife and I already knew SoFLGal, so the meet-up was very relaxed as old friends caught up on all the new things that are going on.

It was a little breezy so I can understand with the lower temps it could feel a little cool if you're not use to cooler temperatures.

Grandmaille we'll leave some warm weather for ya when you arrive. I hope you have great weather when you're down. It's not likely that I'll be here when you're down this time either.

A lot of people have been out and about, and this meet up was a little short notice. I will be back down around January 3rd, so I'll try to get a head count and see if we can get another one planned when more people will be around and free of all the holiday festivities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area