Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 10:27 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
flying solo so looking for some fun events
Um, as opposed to what? Does the mrs. know how you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 04:01 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
We are leaving today to go over to the East coast until Weds. My folks will be arriving from Maine shortly after that. (YEAH!). They'll spend the next 5 months just 2 miles up the road from me.

I'll do my best to attend the next planned get together will everyone and looking forward to it!

Old 12-26-2009, 03:59 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
We are leaving today to go over to the East coast until Weds. My folks will be arriving from Maine shortly after that. (YEAH!). They'll spend the next 5 months just 2 miles up the road from me.

I'll do my best to attend the next planned get together will everyone and looking forward to it!
It won't be long miss mermaid!! Do the mom and dad know you like to hang out under the sea - err - at the Lock and Key?

You and beerme, gotta meet Mr. Sunshine! He's a great guy, although, he prefers (((whine))), especially after he's had a few. LOL!

Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
It won't be long miss mermaid!! Do the mom and dad know you like to hang out under the sea - err - at the Lock and Key?

You and beerme, gotta meet Mr. Sunshine! He's a great guy, although, he prefers (((whine))), especially after he's had a few. LOL!
LOL... Mom and Dad love "The Lock!" They frequent the place often, in fact introduced me to it years ago, before I moved over from the east coast.

Can't wait to meet all of the other 'cool cats' from the forum!
I think you all ROCK!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:06 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,664 times
Made it in town everyone. Got in around 10. So nice to be here again. I will certainly enjoy the next few days and will check for more meet-up possibilities often over the next few days.

Quote:
OH No! Buck,
I'll be heading down on the 2nd, and arriving early morning on the 3rd if all goes well. So I hate to tell you, but you gotta hang out for two more days! One to get drunk with me, and one to recover from getting drunk with me! If you can recover that quickly, of course. (I'm leaving you an opportunity to extend your trip! - So jump on it! You can feel free to tell your boss - "Big House made you do it!" OK
Well, my wife loves your idea and is working to convince me to stay an extra 2 days. Let's try to hook up when you get in. PM me if you have time to hang out. I'm staying by the Sarasota airport but will go toward Venice or something to meet you halfway. Maybe a meal at Sharky's? /It would be excellent to meet you

Old 12-30-2009, 09:24 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
well i am also nearly ready to head off to the sun. flying out of gatwick Friday morning - quick drive to jacksonville in the evneing then heading down to Rotonda sat afternoon. In time for beer o'clock.

Big H i am up for a meet at sharkys - we can travel up together

Old 12-30-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
Made it in town everyone. Got in around 10. So nice to be here again. I will certainly enjoy the next few days and will check for more meet-up possibilities often over the next few days.

Well, my wife loves your idea and is working to convince me to stay an extra 2 days. Let's try to hook up when you get in. PM me if you have time to hang out. I'm staying by the Sarasota airport but will go toward Venice or something to meet you halfway. Maybe a meal at Sharky's? /It would be excellent to meet you

Yeah! If you can hang an extra too days, lets try to do that! I will be meeting with my partner-to-be who is coming into town too, and it may work-out perfectly for an in-prompt-to meet up. I'll try to set something up in Sarasota though - if I can. Keep your eyes peeled. I was thinking more toward then end of the month, but may try to do it earlier, I'll check around.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
well i am also nearly ready to head off to the sun. flying out of gatwick Friday morning - quick drive to jacksonville in the evneing then heading down to Rotonda sat afternoon. In time for beer o'clock.

Big H i am up for a meet at sharkys - we can travel up together
That sounds good, I don't think that Saturday works though, but I will check. I think, that everyone is primed for a meet-up sooner rather than later, or maybe sooner and later, or maybe later, or maybe as soon as I can pop the top on this damn beer can!

Old 01-01-2010, 02:14 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Sarasota's easiest for me, really. I got down to Venice for a meet once, but didn't see anyone. Weather worked against us that day, I think--pretty windy.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah! If you can hang an extra too days, lets try to do that! I will be meeting with my partner-to-be who is coming into town too, and it may work-out perfectly for an in-prompt-to meet up. I'll try to set something up in Sarasota though - if I can. Keep your eyes peeled. I was thinking more toward then end of the month, but may try to do it earlier, I'll check around.
Unfortuantely I am going to be detained up here an extra couple days. We had a passing in the family, and I need to attend the viewings. As it looks now, I'll be heading down on Monday. Take Care everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area