Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 08:26 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
That sounds good, I don't think that Saturday works though, but I will check. I think, that everyone is primed for a meet-up sooner rather than later, or maybe sooner and later, or maybe later, or maybe as soon as I can pop the top on this damn beer can!
Unfortunately we had a passing in the family and I have to postpone my departure down there a couple days. It looks like I will be heading down on Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 11:40 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,018 times
Quote:
Unfortunately we had a passing in the family and I have to postpone my departure down there a couple days. It looks like I will be heading down on Monday.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Have a safe trip from Maryland to Florida.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:48 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Met ZZB, his wife and kids at Sharky's in Venice this afternoon. Very nice family! We had lunch indoors because the wind was whipping up off the beach and it was a bit to cold to sit out on the porch for me before noon. Since they're from Minnesota and it's somewhere around -20 I'm sure they would have been fine with outside seating

I brought my two youngest girls and they had their kids with them so all the kids played on the beach, dug in the sand and looked for sharks teeth. The grown ups sat and talked.

It was a really nice afternoon and I'm glad I got a chance to meet them while they were in town. Hopefully they'll be in town for one of the up coming meet ups. You almost feel like you know certain people on here before you even meet them after reading so many of their posts.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:10 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Met ZZB, his wife and kids at Sharky's in Venice this afternoon. Very nice family! We had lunch indoors because the wind was whipping up off the beach and it was a bit to cold to sit out on the porch for me before noon. Since they're from Minnesota and it's somewhere around -20 I'm sure they would have been fine with outside seating

I brought my two youngest girls and they had their kids with them so all the kids played on the beach, dug in the sand and looked for sharks teeth. The grown ups sat and talked.

It was a really nice afternoon and I'm glad I got a chance to meet them while they were in town. Hopefully they'll be in town for one of the up coming meet ups. You almost feel like you know certain people on here before you even meet them after reading so many of their posts.
SoFLGal, you so totally ROCK!!

Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,995 times
Quote:
Unfortuantely I am going to be detained up here an extra couple days. We had a passing in the family, and I need to attend the viewings. As it looks now, I'll be heading down on Monday. Take Care everyone.

Sorry for your loss BH. Safe travels.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:36 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
Sorry for your loss BH. Safe travels.
Thank you and everyone for your kind thoughts!
We left early yesterday, and got here late last night! We are all here safe and sound like a bug in the rug! My dog "Champ" was probably the best passenger in the car. He knew we were packing, and was kinda depressed thinking we were going to leave him. Well when I pulled out his leash and said "You wanta go too?!" (We already had the car completely packed, and were just getting our coffee and jackets on for the trip). I went out (and it was freezing in the single digits yesterday morning), he busted through the door, and ran to the car, and would not come in again until we were ready to get in. He stayed by the car, and waited until someone opened the car door, and he pushed himself through to get in the car first! He was not going to miss the opportunity to travel down with us! He loves the car and the boat! As soon as I lower the boat on the lift, he tries to jump in, never thinking about how he'll ever get out! And, he can't not without help!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:26 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,407 times
Quote:
Unfortuantely I am going to be detained up here an extra couple days. We had a passing in the family, and I need to attend the viewings. As it looks now, I'll be heading down on Monday. Take Care everyone.
sorry to hear that bighouse.. my thoughts are with you...

Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Ditto the above.....

Old 01-05-2010, 08:16 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times
Did Champ doing any of the driving, BH? Or were you on your own? Or did Mrs.BH help? that's a looong time in a car!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM

383 posts, read 1,024,301 times
Quote:
Sorry for your loss and for just finding the post. Havent gotten on here much lately BH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area