Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 07:46 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I had a funeral to attend and was in the area from March 3 to March 7. We actually stayed in Sarasota one night. My husband got his hair cut there, we ate there, we visited Siesta Key and drove through Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda before ultimately staying in Cape Coral.

I thought of you all and would have loved to meet you. I really thought of calling you SoFlGal! But we had sooooo little time.

We absolutely loved our trip, even though sad circumstances. We were stunned by how many rude people had moved away and how nice everything looked, not that the boom is over! We are considering moving back home! How cool is that?
Yeah! You should have posted an alert message or something. It would have been cool to meet you. Next time you have to call, DM, raise a flag, hik ur skirt, something to get my attention!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
We had to make quick plans. Next thing you know, we were staying in the Country Inn and Suites in Sarasota. It was amazing! Once we got to Cape Coral, my MIL hogged me! It was great, though.

We will be back down very soon. Probably in June. I can't wait!

SoFlGal, you are more than welcome to come visit!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:56 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
HEY! I want to go! The problem is I know nothing about navigating my way around Sarasota. Either that, or I'm just a big baby and hate to go anywhere alone, or perhaps any of the above? Maybe I can run out to 75 and flag down Big House on his way up? Or I can run out to NP and meet up w/ SoFLGal and ride up with her? Maybe gettinoutofjersey will be going and I can ride up with them? OR, I could always drive up to Venice wearing my dads Matlock shirt and hope that Old Man Winter takes pity on this poor old 51 yr old lady?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:56 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
HEY! I want to go! The problem is I know nothing about navigating my way around Sarasota. Either that, or I'm just a big baby and hate to go anywhere alone, or perhaps any of the above? Maybe I can run out to 75 and flag down Big House on his way up? Or I can run out to NP and meet up w/ SoFLGal and ride up with her? Maybe gettinoutofjersey will be going and I can ride up with them? OR, I could always drive up to Venice wearing my dads Matlock shirt and hope that Old Man Winter takes pity on this poor old 51 yr old lady?
You can ride with me Mermaid! As soon as we get a firm date I'll put it on my calendar. So, what's the date and where are we meeting?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:56 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,907 times
i am scared of the road rage in sarasota. i am all for calling a meeting at stump pass grill. but it you want to ride up with us to sarasota i have to say i have never had a mermaid in the truck before.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:28 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
HEY EVERYONE!

We are having our next MEET-UP at MARINA JACKS in SARASOTA on APRIL 10th! I hope eveyone can make it. I created a non-sticky thread, if everyone would just post to it so we can keep track of all those that can make it, I'll make reservations, and arrange for people to see where we are located.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:01 PM

383 posts, read 1,024,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
HEY EVERYONE!

We are having our next MEET-UP at MARINA JACKS in SARASOTA on APRIL 10th! I hope eveyone can make it. I created a non-sticky thread, if everyone would just post to it so we can keep track of all those that can make it, I'll make reservations, and arrange for people to see where we are located.
I am sorry but really ca'nt make it up to Sarasota for this meet-up, but will really try on one that is closer to Port Charlotte/Englewood area!

Old 03-31-2010, 04:48 AM

14 posts, read 28,940 times
I do not know whether this is the right place for this but as a long time reader of the threads on this forum I thought I just had to say hello, I feel like I know so much about all the lovely people on this board that it is rude not to introduce myself.

I have followed the trials and tribulations of your attempts to relocate and it is far more dramatic and watchable than any soap opera! The reason I have been following these boards is because I love Florida and would dearly love to live there with my family one day and Sarasota is my idea of paradise. I know it is not perfect but nowhere is, or everyone would live there and it would get very crowded and expensive and then it would not be perfect anymore!

Anyway, compared to the UK it seems like a paradise, great weather, lovely people, great culture, no state or local income tax (unlike the 40% we have here), gas that is not the equivalent of $8.50 a gallon, great food, beaches, houses, schools and things to do that do not involve eating withered sandwiches in the car as the kids scream because it is raining for the 34th straight day!

I would love to be able to follow your stories and you never know God may provide a way to get my family there. Visas rules are just so tight, I cannot see a way to get a green card other than entering the Diversity Lottery, investing $1,000,000 (which I do not have) moving to Somalia to claim asylum!

Anyway, I am a self-employed legal advisor, we live in Somerset in the UK, the nearest place many people have heard of is Glastonbury and we have 2 boys aged 4 and 8 months and a puppy that cannot stop being sick!

Just introducing myself so I feel a little less voyeuristic and saying hi to all you lovely lovely people.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:14 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,750 times
Default Hello back at you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug1974 View Post
I do not know whether this is the right place for this but as a long time reader of the threads on this forum I thought I just had to say hello, I feel like I know so much about all the lovely people on this board that it is rude not to introduce myself.

I have followed the trials and tribulations of your attempts to relocate and it is far more dramatic and watchable than any soap opera! The reason I have been following these boards is because I love Florida and would dearly love to live there with my family one day and Sarasota is my idea of paradise. I know it is not perfect but nowhere is, or everyone would live there and it would get very crowded and expensive and then it would not be perfect anymore!

Anyway, compared to the UK it seems like a paradise, great weather, lovely people, great culture, no state or local income tax (unlike the 40% we have here), gas that is not the equivalent of $8.50 a gallon, great food, beaches, houses, schools and things to do that do not involve eating withered sandwiches in the car as the kids scream because it is raining for the 34th straight day!

Well, WELCOME to the board! It's good to have you here, and I'm sure I can speak for everyone to say that we hope you make it here someday! Good luck, and happy reading! :-)

I would love to be able to follow your stories and you never know God may provide a way to get my family there. Visas rules are just so tight, I cannot see a way to get a green card other than entering the Diversity Lottery, investing $1,000,000 (which I do not have) moving to Somalia to claim asylum!

Anyway, I am a self-employed legal advisor, we live in Somerset in the UK, the nearest place many people have heard of is Glastonbury and we have 2 boys aged 4 and 8 months and a puppy that cannot stop being sick!

Just introducing myself so I feel a little less voyeuristic and saying hi to all you lovely lovely people.

Last edited by Karen and Jim; 03-31-2010 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: sent submit w/o writing my message! Duh!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 AM

14 posts, read 28,940 times
^^ Thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area