Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Where are you from?

No problem with the spelling. It's kind of a sore spot with people in the area. Everyone not from there mispronounces it. To say it correctly, complete with the New England accent, it is "Woo-stah."

I'm from Southbridge. It's on the Mass/CT line.

I used to live in Fort Myers/Bonita Springs/Estero.

Sorry about the death in your family, beerme.

I hope everyone has fun. May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:44 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times
My condolences as well beerme1, so sorry for your loss.

As well that the rest of you aren't available either, but we have plenty of time to get together! We'll just keep trying until it works out so that more of us are all able to get together at once.

BH, here are the directions right on the home page.

Looking forward to it and everyone have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

http://lockandkeyrestaurant.com/page/6118-Home

Last edited by island mermaid; 11-25-2009 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: forgot link! :)

Old 11-25-2009, 06:06 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Hurry!!! The mosquitos are totally all over my ankles!

and I live here...they should know better.
Lady!!!
What do I have to do - I'll be right over, Give me the directions!!!! I'm on my way! I'll protect you!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
My condolences as well beerme1, so sorry for your loss.

As well that the rest of you aren't available either, but we have plenty of time to get together! We'll just keep trying until it works out so that more of us are all able to get together at once.

BH, here are the directions right on the home page.

Looking forward to it and everyone have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Lock and Key Restaurant - Home
Gotcha! As soon as I get down I'll reply here and maybe others will so up for a happy hour or two hours, or three hours . . . I presume they have consumables on the premises! Did you check to see if they have Yeungling?

Old 11-25-2009, 08:29 PM

473 posts, read 1,167,900 times
Thanks for the thoughts peoples. They are appreciated.

We were looking forward to this meet up as well as doing Thanksgiving dinner at The Sandy Butler in Ft. Myers with my wifes niece and husband.
This ol guy that passed away on us was a gem and he had said he wouldn't have missed our wedding for anything in the world and flew down to Key West with 22 other people from Buffalo on the same flight two years ago and was concealing the extent of his heart troubles to all of us at the time. And he was still talking about our wedding two weeks ago!
Love him and will miss him and would be a poor excuse for a human being if I/we missed his send off. He will be sadly missed by all of his family and friends.
Onward though we must go and his struggle has passed so there is also relief in that thought.

We will definately make the following Friday at Lock and Key or wherever we can get a meet up and look forward to meeeting the people that can make it then. Looks like they have good food too! Will stay in touch and am following this thread. A Blackberry can be so useful sometimes ya know.

Everyone have a safe and happy thanskgiving. Now get eating!

Old 11-26-2009, 04:02 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Gotcha! As soon as I get down I'll reply here and maybe others will so up for a happy hour or two hours, or three hours . . . I presume they have consumables on the premises! Did you check to see if they have Yeungling?

Yes! Yeungling, Key West and a few other 'foo-foo' beers too!

beerme1, you're a great guy, enjoy your day today as much as possible, you'll be in our thoughts.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:43 AM

Very Nice reflection!! He had the foresight to recognize good people, and I think you did too!

Old 11-26-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
Yes! Yeungling, Key West and a few other 'foo-foo' beers too!

beerme1, you're a great guy, enjoy your day today as much as possible, you'll be in our thoughts.
Yeungling is not foo foo! It is a hearty, rich lager! And is made by the oldest beer company in America! So it's the original! All the other "new beers" try to be a good imitation! And, THEY can be considered foo foo that's O.K.! I still enjoy them all! BUT prefer - the real - the original - the rich - the big - the cold - hearty - full bodied (yeah baby I like full bodied - especially those that bring me refills! ) - brown - lager! As you can tell, I need little encouragement! Did you notice that sometimes my mind wanders!

Old 11-26-2009, 07:29 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,923 times
Sorry about your loss, beerme. Big House, we'll miss you tomorrow. We're heading to Lock 'n Key to meet islandmermaid and her hubby for Bloodies. We'll lift one to you, and one to beerme's old friend.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Lady!!!
What do I have to do - I'll be right over, Give me the directions!!!! I'm on my way! I'll protect you!
Around the corner from the 5 O.! hurry turkey gave up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area