Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 AM

7 posts, read 24,466 times

Advertisements

Does Osprey have the same situation with mobile homes next to private residences? Should I be looking in Osprey also? How are Osprey and Nokomis similar/different? Thanks again. I know it's alot of questions but I want to be sure of my next move. I'll probably know better next week when I come down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,552 times
How about Shore Road? what is it like?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:03 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,420,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
Lived in Nokomis 5 years and can say honestly I have enocinutered NO CRIME. Nice people, location close to beach and FEW SNOWBIRDS Real people LIVE in Nokomis
Peter, your post caught my eye for one specific reason.
Ok, two but the important one for me is the use of Snowbirds and real people in the same sentence.
Are you by any chance implying that a snowbird is not a real person?
Have you never sold a house to a seasonal resident?
Did you know that Snowbirds/seasonals make up a decent population of this area?
The tourist dollar in the state is in high demand in many industries?
They pay taxes?
I hope I'm reading you wrong..

Have you read a help wanted section in the paper recently and noticed the Lack of Jobs?
It's December almost and in my town the roads and stores are not nearly as crowded as they have been in past years.
I am a Full time resident.

Last edited by Caligula1; 11-26-2010 at 04:19 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 06:36 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
this thread started in 09
someone dug it up for meaningless question

Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 PM

66 posts, read 190,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janworkman View Post
How about Shore Road? what is it like?
Shore Rd. is a mixed bag. Good amount of alcoholics....

Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Hmm..Nokomis.

I did view google maps, and 'Laurel' looked interesting.

Is Nokomis mostly older retired people, or many families too?

Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 PM

279 posts, read 577,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Hmm..Nokomis.

I did view google maps, and 'Laurel' looked interesting.

Is Nokomis mostly older retired people, or many families too?
i know lots of families in Nokomis. We almost bought in Nokomis. I like it there We ended up in Osprey though.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Does anyone have a guestimate of what percentage of the residents of the Venice-Englewood-Nokomis area are "Snowbirds?"

Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 PM

279 posts, read 577,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Does anyone have a guestimate of what percentage of the residents of the Venice-Englewood-Nokomis area are "Snowbirds?"
i don't see how you can lump those areas in together - Englwood is pretty far from Nokomis. I live just north of Nokomis and I have been to Englewood maybe 2 times in 2 years. I'm in Nokomis and Venice frequently for shopping, etc. My guestimate is that Venice has ALOT of snowbirds and older demographic and Englewood may be even OLDER. THe only people i know in Englewood were staying in their snowbird parent's home while they looked for their own home. Nokomis seems like a mix to me, with some funky looking areas and some nicer areas, some very nice homes on the water too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area